What's new
What's new

FP1 parting out

Marty Escarcega

Plastic
We have an FP1 with Universal table, No over arm or any other accesssories. The machine appears to have sat outside for some time but the table assembly does not appear rusty, there some divots in the table but the T slots have not been pulled. Will sell entire machine for $650.
If we find a buyer for the table, we might part out the rest of it.
Located in Tempe AZ. Email me directly for any other info.
If someone has another parts machine maybe the two can be married into one.

Marty

Marty, if you have not already been contacted, It's very likely I have buyers for that table. Let me know.

Sean

Sean, I've emailed you. Got a couple inquiries. To be honest, the table is the most valuable part of the machine. I would rather sell the table and machine. Or I could sell the table alone for the asking price. I can send pictures of the table to anyone interested.
Marty

"divots" ? You got hamsters playing golf on the table ??

Ok Marty, thanks.
I haven't gotten your email yet, but perhaps the inquiries you have are from my buyers anyway. I promised to keep an eye out for a U table for a couple of them.

Thanks

Sean

I will be traveling to Southern California the last weekend in August. If someone is interested in the FP1 I have for parts or the Universal table, I would be willing to take it with me for $50 if you can meet me near Long Beach. Here is a URL to some pictures. If someone had a vertical head (I have a line on a Bridgeport M head with collets for $400) this might make a cool vertical mill.
Email me directly if anyone is interested.
[email protected]
Price on the FP1 is $600 plus the $50 to haul it with me to Southern CA.

http://members.cox.net/escarcega/fp1/fp1

Marty

I think its email troubles. Definitely not mad at you. I'm sending and your not receiving or your replying and I'm not gettin' :) Call me at 480-967-2949 tonight after 6:00pm MST or over the weekend if you are interested...or send your email a couple of times...maybe one will make it through!

Originally posted by Sean S:
Darn it Marty, either we are having serious email troubles, or you are just plain mad at me.

Sean, please email me or check your inbound. I sent you email letting you know I will be heading your way Saturday. Running a tight schedule and need to know if I am bringing the FP1 with me?

I haven't heard from Sean in awhile...there was some talk of buying a Harley...maybe he's put his "OL" on the back and run off with Hackasaw...

I'm around, things are just nuts.
I guess the Harley thing is to ease my mid-life crisis. Gotta get another before I'm too creaky to ride. Plus, it gives me good excuses for things like...um..not showing and such.

In any case, I did get ahold of Marty and I guess he's gonna see my pile..um..I mean "shop" on Saturday.

Sean (Live to buy, buy to live)...or something similar.

So many unanswered questions....did Marty come to Deckel World of Whittier ? Did he drink Mexican milk ? What did he think of it all ? Which Harley will FP1 profit margins allow ?
wink.gif

Yes he did stop by....no time for horchata tho'.
I suppose he probably thought the same thing you probably thought when you came here Don....
"Holy Cr*p! What a MESS!"

The Harley thing is not going as well as I would like... first, I haven't been able to bring myself to part with my second 40 taper FP-1. It would take a might high offer to do so I suppose... it's just awesome.
That leaves me having to use other means to come up with the money and none of the predicted formulas seem to be working out.

As you know, I will have a nice Deckel package up on ebay in the next couple weeks, but the two package deal didn't work out either (the man screwed up and didn't actually have a second vertical head)... so that burned me a bit. Still valuable as a horizontal w universal table, but not putting me where I wanted to be either.

The 4th is my birthday (35), so I'll be doing some birthday stuff this week. Honestly, a jacuzzi full of ice cubes sounds really nice. We should have things up on ebay sporatically these coming weeks.
It was already almost random under normal circumstances, but the heat is making the decision to go prepare things in the shop....well...adventurous.

As a note, you should check out the tapping machine I have up right now. I bought it in AZ and Marty was at the auction and generously let me have the bid. I'll be sure to return that hospitality at some time in the future.

Well, time to dress up in my fire suit and attempt the shop...

Sean

WOW ! Very nice Brother....looks pristine. I've got an original brochure on that baby if ya need it. As I used to manufacture tapping machines, I paid attention to the competition ! Never sold a gearlead tapper, but I private labeled a leadscrew made in Italy for a few years. Beautiful machine, with much more size capacity than the Brothers, it even had a small fan motor on top of the spindle motor to keep it cool during constant reversals. But alas, didn't sell enough to be worth the trouble. So I gave up that idea and concentrated more on the articulating arm tappers that the real profits came from.

[This message has been edited by D. Thomas (edited 09-02-2002).]

Marty, If this machine is still around, I am desperately interested in parts for the automatic feed assembly, in particular, the joint parts that go on the bottom of the feed joystick. Thanks, Joe Goodbread
Originally posted by Marty Escarcega:
We have an FP1 with Universal table, No over arm or any other accesssories. The machine appears to have sat outside for some time but the table assembly does not appear rusty, there some divots in the table but the T slots have not been pulled. Will sell entire machine for $650.
If we find a buyer for the table, we might part out the rest of it.
Located in Tempe AZ. Email me directly for any other info.
If someone has another parts machine maybe the two can be married into one.

Marty

Vorschub,
I purchased the machine you are speaking of.
The machine is in really bad shape (sad), but I may use it to grind on (via the Deckel high-speed head).
If I decide against this, I may be able to get those parts to you.
Email me and stay in touch.

Sean

Back