What's new
What's new

FP5NC with Dialog 3 For Sale to Good Home

lowdowncoyote

Plastic
Greetings all,

I have a 1985 FP5NC available for sale. It is equipped with the Dialog 3 control and is fully functional. It was under power and running earlier this year but has just recently been de-powered and moved to a heated storage. Needed to make room for the DMU80P... The operating manual is present, I have collected most of the "orange book" in .pdf. The machine is in great shape. A few years back the Deckel Doctor rebuilt the Z axis scale. Rs-232 works. I don't have the time or money to retrofit the control to make it profitable in my operation and space is at a premium...

D7.jpgD9.jpgD10.jpgD11-Spindle.jpgD12-Quill.jpg

Greetings all,

I have a 1985 FP5NC available for sale. It is equipped with the Dialog 3 control and is fully functional. It was under power and running earlier this year but has just recently been de-powered and moved to a heated storage. Needed to make room for the DMU80P... The operating manual is present, I have collected most of the "orange book" in .pdf. The machine is in great shape. A few years back the Deckel Doctor rebuilt the Z axis scale. Rs-232 works. I don't have the time or money to retrofit the control to make it profitable in my operation and space is at a premium...

View attachment 93808View attachment 93809View attachment 93810View attachment 93811View attachment 93812

Rumor has it that you are not the actual owner of this machine, tried to get info when you were humping it on Evilbay earlier this year.

For that sort of limited customer base machine I don't think I'd limit my sales to a "good home".... I'd sell it to Hitler if the price was right ;)

Do you have the Orange Book with the electrical schematics and info?
Where in Montana and is there a price available?

and is there a price available?
No price available until you prove you have an upstanding Christian home environment for the machine.

(btw, the hand pendant with mpg may be by itself worth nearly as much as the entire machine)

Is this the same mill that was was on ebay (#300943276501)? I was interested in that one. Anyone have more info about the owner not being the seller or visa versa?

If you buy this Deckel, please make sure the owner, (George Cobb) gets the money.
kootne

...Thank you for looking after George's interests...

The rumors are correct, I am not the owner of this machine. I am looking for an interested buyer on behalf of the owner. I invested (maybe that's the wrong word...) significant time and some money into getting this machine running and communicating with CAD/CAM. It was a fun project, but with the old Dialog3 it was not going to be profitable in my operation. It would be a fantastically useful Tool Room machine with a Seimens 810D or similar retrofit. The machine is currently in my shop in Butte, MT. I had it on Ebay briefly as I had a new machine on the way and needed to move the FP5NC to make space. If it was going to be sold, that would have been a most convenient time. Not to mention inspection under power was only possible until I unplugged it. I sincerely apologize if anybody felt burned or even singed by the short stint on Ebay.

I have an incomplete collection of electrical documentation in .pdf form mostly scrounged from the net over the last few years. Mostly for the Dialog 2 and 4 machines as it turns out. The original FP5NC operators manual is present. I was the last person to run this machine.

If there is any serious interest in this machine, I am happy to consider offers via private message. It seems that more than a few have tried to sell this machine with wildly different values, but here is sits.

If a deal is struck :cheers:, and yes the owner is aware of my efforts to find a home for this machine, I can see that the machine is professionally crated and rigged for transport. I have moved it with me three time so far...

@Milacron I agree! The pulse generator on the pendant is the finest I have ever turned...

Please respond with asking price, send to le-m&ak.net

Please send a asking price for the machine

...Thank you for looking after George's interests...

The rumors are correct, I am not the owner of this machine. I am looking for an interested buyer on behalf of the owner. I invested (maybe that's the wrong word...) significant time and some money into getting this machine running and communicating with CAD/CAM. It was a fun project, but with the old Dialog3 it was not going to be profitable in my operation. It would be a fantastically useful Tool Room machine with a Seimens 810D or similar retrofit. The machine is currently in my shop in Butte, MT. I had it on Ebay briefly as I had a new machine on the way and needed to move the FP5NC to make space. If it was going to be sold, that would have been a most convenient time. Not to mention inspection under power was only possible until I unplugged it. I sincerely apologize if anybody felt burned or even singed by the short stint on Ebay.

I have an incomplete collection of electrical documentation in .pdf form mostly scrounged from the net over the last few years. Mostly for the Dialog 2 and 4 machines as it turns out. The original FP5NC operators manual is present. I was the last person to run this machine.

If there is any serious interest in this machine, I am happy to consider offers via private message. It seems that more than a few have tried to sell this machine with wildly different values, but here is sits.

If a deal is struck :cheers:, and yes the owner is aware of my efforts to find a home for this machine, I can see that the machine is professionally crated and rigged for transport. I have moved it with me three time so far...

@Milacron I agree! The pulse generator on the pendant is the finest I have ever turned...

Back