What's new
What's new

Free CNC resources

The free offer has started. May download for free, if interested.

The contents of this book is same as what is described in my book for CNC beginners CNC PROGRAMMING: FANUC CONTROL, Sinha, SK, eBook - Amazon.com
Therefore, if you have already downloaded this book, there is no need to download the present book, unless you want to save searching time.

The free offer ends on Monday, May 16, 2022, 11:59 PM PDT. Thus, two more days to download for free.

The next free offer is on https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R7JG5WO/ (CNC Programming Skills: Program Entry and Editing on Fanuc Machines)
It starts on Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 12:00 AM PDT
This book is same as what is given in my book on basic CNC programming https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Y2NKCQ9/ (CNC Programming: Fanuc Control)
(A part of Section 3.3)

Please note that the methods described apply to Fanuc Model C. The method on Model D may be slightly different in some cases.

Last edited:
How do you machine a workpiece obtained by casting or forging with only slightly oversized dimensions, say, about 2 mm?

One cannot use G70 because removing 2-3 mm material in one pass may not be permissible. G71 or G72 would be too inefficient because the tool would cut in air most of the time.

One can, of course, use a CAM software where the initial shape may be appropriately defined, but that requires additional modeling time as well as software availability and expertise.

G73, on the other hand, can very quickly machine it to the final size in just a few passes (depending on the chosen depth of cut in one pass and the amount of over-size). Facing the workpiece up to the required level, followed by G73 is the most efficient machining technique for such jobs. G73 creates several offset surface profiles, separated by the desired DOC, and makes the tool move along each offset profile one by one, corresponding to each pass, starting from the farthest profile (first pass), and ending on the defined workpiece profile (last pass). It can be viewed as a modified G70 cycle. G70 has just one pass. G73 has several passes, coming progressively closer to the defined profile in each subsequent pass.

Another use of G73 is to create a non-monotonic feature on a workpiece. This can be useful if G71/G72 Type 2 cycles are not available.

Despite having a perfect application in some cases, there is often complete ignorance about G73. Many programmers do not even know that there is a canned cycle called G73 which is so simple to use.

My eBook on G73 has complete information about G73, more that what one can gather from Fanuc manuals. I wanted to run a free offer on this book, but it could not be done due to some technical reasons. However, its regular price $2.99 has been reduced to $0.99 for the next five days. It is virtually free for five days. Grab it if interested. Here is the link:

Last edited:
The description is an updated version of what is described in my book on basic CNC programming:

Two of my eBooks are free today and tomorrow. Download if interested:
1. CNC Programming Skills: Live Tool Drilling Cycles on a Fanuc Lathe, Sinha, S. K., eBook - Amazon.com (On live-tool drilling cycles)
2. CNC PROGRAMMING: FANUC CONTROL, Sinha, SK, eBook - Amazon.com (on basic CNC programming for beginners)

Some more eBooks will be available for free for a short period during coming weeks.
I will keep you informed.
I followed your link, the "free" download requires that I download the Kindle app, so not free but basically a hook to get one to support a platform such as Amazon.

I do not want to sound trite, but felt as if I was being lured into something nefarious

You jumped to the conclusion without verification!
The Kindle app is FREE.
You can download it either from Amazon site or Google Play Store.

None of my books are free at this moment. As per amazon policy, the free offer is permissible only for five days in three months. The books you have referred to will again be free after about two months, again for five days only.

The present book on G73 is available for $ 0.99, a reduced price. It could not be made free due to some technical reasons. It will be made free for five days after three months.

The discounted rate on my G73 book is available for one more day.
The print length of the book is only 21 pages. It will take hardly an hour to read it.

It you have never used G73, please do read it, specially if you are not too dependent on CAM softwares. Even if you extensively use CAM softwares, solid modelling / code generation / transferring code to machine, in some cases, may take well over half an hour, whereas a G73 program can be written in just a few minutes.

At this time, it will cost $0.99.
If you can wait for three months, it will be made available for FREE for five days.

And, just to clarify ...

I am not talking about G73 on a milling machine.
It is G73 in G-code System A on a lathe, which is called "Pattern-Repeating Cycle."
This has no connection with G73 on a milling machine, the "Peck-Drilling Cycle."

The next free offer is on my book, "Probing on CNC Machines" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PVXW5DT
It starts on Monday, May 30, 2022, 12:00 AM PDT. Will continue for five days.

It is an introductory book on probing, describing different types of probes and probing techniques, with some programming examples.

If you are new to probing, this book is designed exactly for you.

This book is actually one of the chapters (with some modifications) of my book on basic CNC Programming https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Y2NKCQ9/

Back