What's new
What's new

FS Buck 10" 4 Jaw L0 backplate- $300

Jim S.

Hot Rolled
I've had this on the shelf for 12 years with a project in mind. Will never get to it, thus for sale.

Very good condition. A few scratches, dings, shop grime and a couple patches of minor rust consistent with long term storage and handling. Face of chuck and jaw gripping surfaces very good with almost no sign of previous use. One tapped hole in outer edge consistent with use for lifting ring and a shallow 1/4" blind hole in the back are only modifications. Minor chip out of leading thread in backplate.

Will ship via USPS flat rate for actual cost. Please reply by PM and to [email protected].
JimBuck 4 jaw1.JPGBuck 4 jaw2.JPGBuck 4 jaw3.JPG

Had you posted this back in July, I would have bought it since I needed one with a L-0 back plate. I wound up buying a 10" Buck just like yours but with a L-00 backplate. Spent just as much as you are asking, but now, I have to machine a back plate to mount the chuck! Oh well. Someone will come along and buy it.

Jim
I’m interested PM incoming

4GSR
I don’t need the L0 backplate if I buy the chuck and you want it the backplate is yours for the price of postage

Eric

Yes, I want it. Thank you.

Ken
Eric, Ken,
If you both agree, I'll simplify and send the chuck to Eric and the back plate to Ken. Back plate is 6.307" dia and 1/2 mounting holes on 5.250" dia circle.

$250 to Eric - delivered
$17.05 to Ken - delivered

Please advise who should get the capscrews.

Please confirm your agreement here and email me with mailing address. Prefer personal check for payment. Will get to USPS tomorrow.

Thank you both,
Jim [email protected]

Buck back plate2.JPGBuck 4 jaw with back plate.JPGBuck back plate1.JPG

I'm good with this and keeps the cap screws. I have a set I can use. I'll send a PM with my shipping address. Once I get your mailing address, I'll put a check in the mail to you. Ken

So just out of curiosity whats the differene between a L00 vs L0 backing plate? I was under the impression the L0 had different threads and cone from the mounting portion?
Just curious
Paul

So just out of curiosity whats the differene between a L00 vs L0 backing plate? I was under the impression the L0 had different threads and cone from the mounting portion?
Just curious
Paul

Had you posted this back in July, I would have bought it since I needed one with a L-0 back plate. I wound up buying a 10" Buck just like yours but with a L-00 backplate. Spent just as much as you are asking, but now, I have to machine a back plate to mount the chuck! Oh well. Someone will come along and buy it.
Ken I'd be interested in the L00 backing plate you have extra...Would you part with it for the price of postage?
Paul

Paul,

I do have two 4-jaw chucks, 8" and 10" both Cushman's, with integral L-00 back to them if you are interested. I don't have any spare 3-jaws at the moment.

Is the 8" 4 jaw independent? I maybe interested in it...Thx Paul
Internal L-00 back on them ??? If I'm envisioning this correctly my L-00 maybe considered external which has the Male on the backing plate which connects to a Female on lathe with a locking Ring

What brand lathe do you have?
The 8" 4-jaw is a independent chuck. It is new never installed on a lathe ever. It is a USA made Cushman chuck. Because of that I'm asking $350 for it. Bartling along with funds welcome.

Thanks Ken for the offer...Let me think for a bit on what I can Barder with That might interest You...
The chuck does come with a L00 backing Plate? I have a Clausing 5912 12x36...
I'm told it has a L00 and I hope my info is accurate
Paul

The L-00 is made into the chuck. Can't remove it! Unless you machine it off. I have done that before in my past.
The back plate I will sell for $30 plus some for shipping. I can pack it in a Flat Rate Mailer for under $10. Don't worry, I pack very well! Ken

Paul,

Please PM me for conversations on this thread. We are violating PM rules and I should have started a new thread on selling this chuck and or the adapter.

The original chuck posted has been sold and the original poster, Jim.

Ken

Jim
Chuck arrived today in great shape. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again

Eric

Back