What's new
What's new

FS: LW 10" DIVIDING HEADS - PACKAGE OF 3 w/PLATES AND FOOTSTOCK

Elwood1968

Cast Iron
Somehow, I've accumulated three 10" LW dividing heads, a footstock, and eight indexing plates, but no longer have a need for them or room to store them. Would prefer to sell them as a package.

100_2510.jpeg

1. The first head has a 6" Cushman independent four-jaw chuck. I've used this dividing head once since I acquired it several years ago, but it needs some attention. The chuck has seen some use. One of the chuck jaw grooves in the head has a crack, but the chuck worked okay the one time I used it. There's also an odd "wedge" in the body of the dividing head. (see red circles in photo)

100_2511.jpeg 100_2512.jpeg 100_2514.jpeg 100_2518.jpeg

2. The second head does not have a chuck installed, with just the threaded end of the spindle. It has the remains of an input drive for use with a universal mill, but not the gear train, unfortunately. Since this head has never had a chuck on it since I acquired it, I don't have any experience with it, although it turns smoothly.

100_2513.jpeg 100_2515.jpeg

3. The third head has been modified with a face plate, and the end of the spindle has been machined to hold the plate; I doubt that a chuck could be installed again, unless it used the face plate as a backing plate. The head seems to turn smoothly, but I've had no need of a dividing head with faceplate, so have never used it.

100_2519.jpeg 100_2520.jpeg 100_2521.jpeg

4. One footstock is included. Sorry, that's the only one I have to go with these heads.

5. Eight index plates are included. Four are old, possibly LW originals. Four are more recent manufacture.

These could be crated and shipped LTL truck freight or Fastenal Blue Lane (Zone 1). Or I can deliver for free anywhere along I-75 between Michigan and Florida at the end of this month / first week of February.

$695 for the whole lot.

Last edited:
Elwood, keep me posted when you start your trip to sunny floda. Might run out to I-75 and hv lunch! If the index fixtures don't sell, bring them with you!! Haa :scratchchin:

Back