What's new
What's new

FS: metric Mitutoyo calipers, micrometers and DTIs, plus mag bases, Shore D durometer tester and a bunch of other stuff

I sent a member a check in an envelope via first class mail about a week ago and he still hasn't received it. Serenity Now :-)

Matt,

Care package just arrived!!! USPS broke a record here!!!

All good except for one of the wheels had a big chunk knocked out of it. Not worried. I am worried about the 6" 800 grit SC wheel. It don't pass the ring test very well. That dense of a wheel may not ring at all. Maybe someone smarter than me can chime in on this? It has a blemish in the side of the wheel like a crack that was covered up at the factory. I know it's not, just saying.
As always, thanks,
Ken

Matt,

Care package just arrived!!! USPS broke a record here!!!

All good except for one of the wheels had a big chunk knocked out of it. Not worried. I am worried about the 6" 800 grit SC wheel. It don't pass the ring test very well. That dense of a wheel may not ring at all. Maybe someone smarter than me can chime in on this? It has a blemish in the side of the wheel like a crack that was covered up at the factory. I know it's not, just saying.
As always, thanks,
Ken
woohoo! Was it one of the face grinding wheels that had a chunk of it? If it is, let me know what grit and I'll put a new one in the next package. I didn't inspect the used ones very well so I don't know if it was like that before it went out.

As for the 800 grit, they were still in their original box, but I don't know what had been done to them before I got them. I have a couple left so if that one is suspect I'll put one of the others in the next package. No promises that one will be any better though.

Matt,
I'm not worried about the damaged wheel. There's another one the same grit in the bunch. I'm not even sure what these wheels mount to. They remind me of wheels used with lapidary stuff for shaping/polishing rocks, but what do I know.:dunce:
I get brave enough, I'll mount it on my SG and stand back and wait for the rocks to fly.:eek:
Thanks,
Ken

I got one of the Mitutoyo 500-702-20 0-150mm coolant proof digital calipers in post #3
It was easy to add a button to make it inch/metric. Matt took a picture of the inside and it had a button on the board inside, just no button to push it with on the front cover. The hardest thing was having to make the little plastic button and that was only 10 minutes with a file to copy the existing zero button. There was even a little recess in the inside of the cover where the hole would go for the inch button.

Hey animal,

new Mit bag base
Starrett whatsits
0.01mm back plunger balance indicators
0-3mm dial indicators and I think a couple of 0-10mm (have to check)
scads of regular balance indicators (0.01mm, 2um and 1um)
scads of 0.01mm, about 10 or so 2um and a couple of 1um (0.0004", 0.00008" and 0.00004") DTIs

also have a few imperial dial indicators and some Mit digital drop indicators (0-13 and 0-25mm), plus some more mag bases. I'll be pulling all that stuff out and posting an indicator megathread soon :)

I got one of the Mitutoyo 500-702-20 0-150mm coolant proof digital calipers in post #3
It was easy to add a button to make it inch/metric. Matt took a picture of the inside and it had a button on the board inside, just no button to push it with on the front cover. The hardest thing was having to make the little plastic button and that was only 10 minutes with a file to copy the existing zero button. There was even a little recess in the inside of the cover where the hole would go for the inch button.
Here are some pics showing metric and inch. The hole has a little glitch under the button from the drill bit wandering from drilling from the inside.
I had a free HF caliper that I wanted to use the button from but it was too different so I made one from plastic.
The box the HF caliper came in fits this nicely so not a total loss there (free).

Attachments

• P1090483.JPG
    P1090483.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
  • P1090484.JPG
    P1090484.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
  • P1090486.JPG
    P1090486.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 8

Back