What's new
What's new

FS: Skoda MT5 live center, Procunier #3 tapping head collets, super spacer index plates and NEW Bison 8" backplate blank for threaded chucks

mattthemuppet

Stainless
Continuing the clear out:

Skoda MT5 live center with spare body (no idea where that came from). Tip and MT shank look in good condition, center has been cleaned and regreased and there weren't any worries that I can remember about the bearings. Feels nice'n'smooth. $60
IMG20221130172442.jpgIMG20221130172502.jpg
Procunier #3 (3/4" diameter) tapping collets: 1/4, 5/16, 3/8 regular and 3/8 SS (? smaller than 3/8"), 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8 and 3/4. Some staining on most of them, couple have some rust pitting, all look like they're useable, $40
IMG20221218183651.jpgIMG20221218183658.jpgIMG20221218183709.jpg
Set of 6 index plates for an 8" import super spacer. Pretty sure these were for a Vertex as that was what as in the auction (don't ask me why they didn't go with) but they should also fit a Yuasa. Not sure about other makes - let me know if you need dimensions. Three 2 slot, one each 3, 6 and 12. $30
IMG20221127165543.jpg
New unopened 8" Bison chuck backplate blank for threaded chucks, part no. 7-870-108 for 8205-8" chucks (or any other one would assume), $60
IMG20221123124005.jpgIMG20221123123956.jpg
Shipping is $10 for small flat rate box/ padded envelope, $16.50 for medium flat rate and $22.50 for large flat rate. If it fits safely, it ships. I take Paypal (+2% for regular), Venmo, Zelle (maybe, would have to ask the wife) and checks.

Last edited:
Matt:

Like 4 GSR, I am interested in the backplate & would like to know the size of the hole thru it. If about 1 1/2" (I need to make another backplate for the 2 1/8"-5 thread on my LeBlond lathe), I will buy the backplate if 4GSR declines to buy it.

Thanks & best wishes for the New Year !
Joe Michaels

I did a search using the part number Matt provided. The specs that came up are as follows, I hope it helps:

Description: 8 1/4" Bison Unfinished Back Plate

• A (Backplate Diameter): 8 1/4"
  • Hub Diameter: 4"
  • Through Hole: 1 3/16"
  • Overall Depth: 2 3/4"
  • Thickness at Perimeter: 1 1/8"
Stay well,

Joe

I will buy the backplate if 4GSR choose not to purchase it. If I am the lucky party, please PM me with your postal address & I will send you a check.

Best regards & thanks to both you and '2nd Joe' for the dimensions.

Joe Michaels

Joe,

I had a discussion with Matt last night after you posted. I've decided to pass on the backplate since I really don't have a immediate need for it. It would just sit here growing rust and dust bunnies. Plus, it would only work on my 9" SBL which I have too many chucks for it already plus a couple of other backplates I haven't ever used. So you and Matt make the deal. Ken

Hello Ken:

Thanks for the chance to buy that backplate. Owning a LeBlond 'roundhead' Regal lathe with threaded spindle nose, I am on my own to make up backplates to mount chucks and the like. I've got a Buck 4-jaw chuck sitting under the lathe for at least 3 years or more, awaiting a backplate. The original Oneida 4 jaw chuck on the lathe is OK, but the jaws are badly in need of a re-grind. I prefer running 4 jaw chucks on my lathes, though a 3 jaw universal chuck is a handy item in its own right.

I was about ready to make up another steel backplate for this Buck 4 jaw chuck, so the Bison backplate casting will be great to use instead.

Thanks again & best regards for the New Year !

thanks both of you, I'm glad it's going to get out from under my feet and into use. It is one solid lump of cast iron though, you're going to be making alot of chips/ dust Joe!

Back