What's new
What's new

FS: T&C grinder tooling, dividing plates, threaded spindle protectors and chuck backplate

jkopel

Stainless
I have the following for sale, prices seem fair to me but I am always open to reasonable offers.
If you want something please comment here and then send a PM/Conversation whatever.
I accept cash/check/paypal/venmo etc.

Lot of tooling for an unknown T&C grinder. there are a few nice work stop extensions, two table mount 1" wheel cutter holders, a 1" OD mandrel with a taper shank, and some kind of collet adapter.
I did not check the taper size(s) other than to discover it did not fit the B&S 11 workhead on my KO Lee.
Happy to take other images or measurements if you need them - $40 + ship
image11.jpegimage10.jpegimage9.jpeg

3 dividing plates. I got a bunch of plates with an Ellis head. These are the right outside diameter but have various bolt hole patterns and ID sizes. $30/ea or $75 + ship for the lot.
image8.jpeg

image2.jpegimage7.jpeg

image3.jpegimage5.jpeg

image4.jpegimage6.jpeg

Finally I have these 2 spindle nose protectors and a small chuck backplate. I am pretty sure these belonged with a Yuasa 5C indexer I sold a while back. They appear to be 2-1/4-8 threads but if you want verification I can measure more accurately. $50 + ship for the lot.
image0.jpegimage1.jpeg

I am interested in the grinder stuff and the nose protectors/back plate and possibly the dividing plates as well.

Will send a PM.

Ken

Can you check the thread on the backing plate more accurately? I've got a Yuasa dividing head, but the thread is M55 x 3.0 - which is close to, but not quite, 2¼"-8. If it is actually M55 x 3.0 I would be interested in the backing plate if Ken doesn't take it.

@eKretz ding ding ding.
The plot thickens. The backplate and one of the two thread protectors (the brownish one) are definitely M3 and although I don’t know how to figure the size I can say the the unthreaded register of both is almost exactly 56mm. The black thread protector is definitely 8tpi and assuming it’s a normal size I think it’s 2-1/4”.

Last edited:
@eKretz ding ding ding.
The plot thickens. The backplate and one of the two thread protectors (the brownish one) are definitely M3 and although I don’t know how to figure the size I can say the the unthreaded register of both is almost exactly 56mm. The black thread protector is definitely 8tpi and assuming it’s a normal size I think it’s 1-1/4”.

Safe bet then. I'll wait and see what Ken wants to do.

Grinding stuff sold,
Metric back plate and thread protector sold pending payment,

Still available:
2-14"x8tpi thread protector (the black one in the pictures)
All 3 dividing plates.

A couple people asked for specifics on the dividing plates.
Here is a run down of the measurements with a numbered picture as a guide.
All measurements close but approximate (it was cold, I was in a hurry).

image0.jpeg
Plate 1 (37-49)
OD 4.984" (AKA 5")
ID 1.125"
thick .245"
pin hole size .125" (will need cleaned out)
bolt circle hole - hole 1.595" (2-7 depending)

Plate 2 (37-49)
OD 5"
ID 1.116"
thick .292"
pin hole size .111"-.112"
bolt circle hole - hole 1.41"

Plate 3 (21-33)
OD 5"
ID 1.116"
thick .294"
pin hole size .111"-.112"
bolt circle hole - hole 1.41"