What's new
What's new

FS: Van Norman 22LU with tooling/accessories

Brandenberger

Hot Rolled
Hi,

I'm thinking of selling my VN22LU that's been a project for a few years. It is a NMTB50 spindle universal (swivel table) machine.

The machine was re-scraped and saddle turcited to address wear issues. Clutch disc replaced, numerous oil seals and several knee bearings replaced.

Machine is in good mechanical shape, feeds and rapids all work, and entire machine has been cleaned out. All bijur lubrication meters replaced and most oil lines replaced in the saddle, lubrication system works well. Knee way wipers replaced.

Motor bearings all removed cleaned and re-greased. Spindle bearings flushed and re-greased.

Machine has 2hp main spindle motor and 1-1/2hp feeds motor.

Coolant sump cleaned out and dry.

Only issue with machine seems to be the typical spindle oil leaks common of these mills.

The original control circuitry and coolant pump are available, though I haven't done anything with the coolant pump. I have 2 2hp Hitachi VFDs which I had planned to use on the machine for single phase operation, however the original control cabinet / heaters could be reinstalled instead for 3phase operation.

Machine includes

- coolant pump (off the machine)
- 3 overarm / arbor supports, 2 for piloted arbors (bearings in good shape)
- slotting attachment including NMTB50 spline driver
- several NMTB50 arbors
- lead attachment and partial set of change gears
- outer brace for arbor

I have a lot of time and a decent amount of money in fixing up the machine and accumulating the accessories, so I'm not exactly sure of a fair price but certainly I'm not planning on giving it away.

Can be run on VFDs. Can assist in loading onto trailer in northern NJ.

-Phil

Lead attachment box sold.

Machine with tooling / accessories still available, price $2000.

I also have a second VN slotting head with NMTB50 spline driver, $500. Willing to ship the slotting head at cost.

The VN 22 sized ones are really quite stout too. Neither of these shows much if any wear, I’m sure they saw very little if any use.

Back