What's new
What's new

Fully functional Champion Tools Works long Metal Lathe for Free pickup in Western MA 01340

drudel

Plastic
I have a circa ~1906 fully functional Champion Tool Works Metal Lathe in excellent condition (a little minor surface rust) with a long bed, taper attachment, threading gears, and several chucks (both old and new styles) that I am happy to donate or give to someone that is interested. See photos
I am moving away and have decided that I cannot keep the Lathe. It includes the forward and reverse clutch assembly as well as a mountable drive shaft and motor and belting supplies and tooling.
Taker must pickup and remove entire lathe with parts. See photos

Attachments

• IMG_2108.jpeg
    IMG_2108.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2083.jpeg
    IMG_2083.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1721.jpeg
    IMG_1721.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 123
looks like a pretty clean machine . I like the tray in front on the headstock . What's with what looks like 8 screws in the lower right side of the headstock ? Ya may see if theres a makerspace in the area that may want a old lathe .
good luck
animal

I have a circa ~1906 fully functional Champion Tool Works Metal Lathe in excellent condition (a little minor surface rust) with a long bed, taper attachment, threading gears, and several chucks (both old and new styles) that I am happy to donate or give to someone that is interested. See photos
I am moving away and have decided that I cannot keep the Lathe. It includes the forward and reverse clutch assembly as well as a mountable drive shaft and motor and belting supplies and tooling.
Taker must pickup and remove entire lathe with parts. See photos
How long is the entire lathe from the left most piece to the right most piece?

looks like a pretty clean machine . I like the tray in front on the headstock . What's with what looks like 8 screws in the lower right side of the headstock ? Ya may see if theres a makerspace in the area that may want a old lathe .
good luck
animal
There was a repair to the safety guard that mounts at that point.

I did some reading over on Tony's site on these lathes . They had some pretty hep things going on . If I read i right there were 3 speeds to the leadscrew independent of then change gears . On their larger lathes there was a 2 speed back gear , real slow & then downright super slow & the backgear could be engaged with out stopping the lathe .
Ya could buy them in 2 foot increments on the bed length .
animal

Back