What's new
What's new

Fuse blown 3 times..and system can not startup now

ronaldinho_07

Aluminum
I have a machine with fanuc O control.
First time,it has alarm 950: fuse break 24e f14.
I have replaced that fuse then it breaks immediately ,i recheck the power supply unit and find out this
9b8102d1d4c30765485e0fbd56bcfb8f.jpg

Soldering melted and contact each other.
I fixed it as the above picture.
Machine run well a few days
Today it suddenly power off,i mean it power off right away,no alarm at all.
I cut off CB and power on again.
Fuse breaks again at that location 24e:f14
But i cant not power on the machine
When i am trying to power on,i heard sound of magnatic contactor "click"
And then nothing.
This is magnetic contactor
adbcab0c512c0bff1220d5213ff70faf.jpg

Note: i press power on button the first time,i can heard magnetic contactor "click",but when i press the second time,there nothing happen

What could be the problem of this issues.
Thank you

Gửi từ LG-H901 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

update:
MC is good
When pushing power on button,the red led alarm lights
2016992e20db-aff4-47ad-8cc1-66c7a9e7cf9c.jpg

this board input 200v AC for MC
Then i replaced power unit with a other good one (From my O-MC milling machine)
After pressing power on,the fuse blown immediately but the above board does not show red led alarm.
Short-circuit,but i dont know where :(

what do these description mean
20160abdc307-6662-4eff-bbfb-d1bc05d78864.jpg

Please keep me posted on this one as l am currently experiencing the same problem on my machine

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

.....what do these description mean
20160abdc307-6662-4eff-bbfb-d1bc05d78864.jpg

It just is Fanuc speak for "you have a short circuit in the 24V devices or cabling connected to the power supply". You will need to track the short down and repair it. Throwing new fuses and power supplies in is not a good troubleshooting or repair practice. Hopefully you have a wiring diagram for the machine.

When you leave CP14 disconnected and try to power up does the fuse blow or not?

The alarm on the input module that went away when you changed power supplies indicates that the power supply you replaced is bad. Probably damaged by the short circuit that killed 3 fuses.

My machine does not use cp14 from power supply unit
Only cp11 cp12 and 15
Today i am going to test 3 cards that plugged into main board one at a times:
Mem board
I/o board
Axis board

I/o will be the first one

It just is Fanuc speak for "you have a short circuit in the 24V devices or cabling connected to the power supply". You will need to track the short down and repair it. Throwing new fuses and power supplies in is not a good troubleshooting or repair practice. Hopefully you have a wiring diagram for the machine.

When you leave CP14 disconnected and try to power up does the fuse blow or not?

The alarm on the input module that went away when you changed power supplies indicates that the power supply you replaced is bad. Probably damaged by the short circuit that killed 3 fuses.
a66852d2c24fc2e95413d8cf34cdefed.jpg

3144b5413f3f69738cf4222b58e03ac6.jpg

c079394e26d4e2ab4e8a5730b332f9b5.jpg

Update:
I have just disconnected I/O board from the main board and now machines can start,i will need to trace down the wiring from this board or maybe its bad itsefl

Update:
When installing the I/O into mainboard
System will be stuck at this screen
8c93debd6173214605ce5fd4e20bf68a.jpg

a488903951f47c4951645a70dfae5321.jpg

Resolved
Its a long day lucky me nothing is bad
I will update details later 😁

The I/O board doesn't look like it has any 24v devices on it, however it may supply power to proximity switches and other devices that need 24v, so you could have a pinched wire or faulty sensor that's shorted.

After confirming that problem from I/O board and its relative i make some other test:
-2 cable 50pins honda cable to keyboard board (Ok)
-2 cable are plugged into M1A and M2A but 24e only used for M1A.I disconnected all other cables except 4 honda cables.still have the problem.So other are ok.
-i noticed that M1A and M1B share the same 4 pin @ 24e.I traced down the M1B and it connect to a switch /sensor box.I tested them one by one,there is one limit switch for bending arm.i tested itself ok but machine keeping blown fuse when it has 24v.Using a VOM ,it shorted with machine frame.
I traced back and found 3 other wires.2 for control pedal,1 for e-stop.
And problem is here
Because machine lost this estop.And someone wired them directly without tape.When machine running,it contact with machine frame.
That's all.
Just a small mistake and this thing happend [emoji23]
4b26dfee50c0047deeaa362d22e885d6.jpg

You have bad RAM, that's why you are getting a parity error.

Could be bad RAM, but more often a 910 or 911 alarm is the result of the memory backup battery being allowed to die.

You have to clear the RAM to test this or repair this. All your machine's parameters will be erased so hopefully you have good backups of everything.

Replace your batteries. Hold down the RESET and DELETE while turning on the CNC power. If you get alarm 910 or 911 again then your RAM is bad. If 910 and 911 do not recur(though you will have several other alarms due to missing parameters), then the cause was most likely a bad backup battery. Now you have to reload all the parameters and other data.

May l have the reloading of parameters procedure. As l am battling with one.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

This should get you going though differences in CNC configuration may mean a few extra button pushes will be needed to navigate.

Press in the e-stop button.

Press the key DGNOS/PARAM.
Press the softkey PARAM.
Page down if needed until you see PWE and move cursor to it.
Press 1 and the INPUT.
You should now be able to page through the parameters and key in the data from your paper backups. You may encounter some parameters that will not accept data. Try turning off the power and back on then resume setting. Some parameters only become effective after a power cycle.

You will also have to enter the PMC parameters which begin at DGNOS 300.

You may have pitch comp parameters to input.

Once you have entered ALL the data, cycle the power again and see what alarms remain. Depending on the configuration of your machine you may need to re-establish the home position for "absolute" encoders. Once all the CNC alarms are resolved then very carefully begin testing all the machine functions and address any problems as they occur.

Back