What's new
What's new

fusion 360 cloud system ensures you stay with them???

g00macinist

Plastic
fusion 360 data
anyone know how to take ownership of your files and keep them local?????

been using f360 for two years now came from inventor
there cloud system takes your files hostage and makes it very difficult to keep copies of your own data short of exporting them seperatly
i have hundreds of files on thier system which has been ok but i need to move all files from one team hub to another.
this is suppose to be able to be done biut even that is a struggle and havnt managed to get it to work even by there method.

the files are only accesible through f360 or the admin web page
there are no options to bulk download
even with the f360 drive you only get weblinks, i thought it may have worked like google drive or one drive, but no

even when exporting you can only do the model not drawings.

i cant help but think this is too ensure you stay with f360 and keep youir subscrition because downloading individually is such a hassle pretty sneaky and creates a dependancy on them just to operate

all autodesk had to say was , why would you want all your files and why do you need to........
they do offer good services but i dont think that warrants this dependency that it enforces

I can save things to my hard drive.
It is hard or impossible to set it to default that way, but it should always be possible.
bulk download will probably also be difficult

Yes. Fusion360 sucks. Try out Inventor, it rocks. About the only thing I can see that Fusion360 does better is renderings. It makes very pretty and photorealistic renderings compared to Inventor. Otherwise it's a gimmicky tool and you're at the mercy of 🆃̭̜̫̼͇̂̌̋ͩͫ🅷̮͓͇͚̺͌̂̋͐ͨ🅴̼͔͓̮̪̃͂̎̄̉ ͔͉͙̰̘ͮ̈̑̅̍🅲̮̰͉̤͙̍ͩ̆̓̒🅻̱̳̮̩̗̈́̀̂̑́🅾̰͔͓̣̳͊ͣ͂̓̚🆄̼̳̲̪͕̊̈͊ͬ̊🅳̠̯͍̫͚̔̓̅ͮ́.

Its fairly easy to save each part, drawing, to hard drive. I do that every day.

Now an assembly of parts (drawings) can only be in the cloud, unless somebody else knows how

SolidWorks has the same issue. I often get SW part and assembly files that require a newer version of the SW app to open. Oddly enough, Fusion can usually open them if all or at least most of the parts in an assembly are present.

Big reason I am staying away from the cloud based software. This whole subscription only, no hard copies of program software on a disk, and all your created work on their servers. who really owns that stuff at the end of the day.

Big reason I am staying away from the cloud based software. This whole subscription only, no hard copies of program software on a disk, and all your created work on their servers. who really owns that stuff at the end of the day.
Until they force upgrades on you...

This works fine for me. As a job shop I don't care if my projects vanish. But even still Fusion is a bargain if you need software with CNC capabilities. Solidworks is $7000 and a good CAM plugin another $7000. I find the fusion subscription a better deal.

Back