What's new
What's new

Fusion 360 My machine not in library list

artracing

Aluminum
My machine is not listed in fusion library.
Haas SL20
Where do I get it? It does contain post processor?
Rob

Rob,

The HAAS SL-20 appears to be an older lathe that is no longer being made. If you google Autodesk Post Library and set the filters for 'Turning', 'HAAS', etc. you will get a series of posts for newer machines and the generic HAAS Turning Post. Presumably this generic post will be the one to try.

If you are looking for the SL-20 machine model itself (for machine simulation), Autodesk does not as yet have any lathe models available for HAAS. The functionality to build such a model may be coming in the future, but is not yet available.

Fred

I have live tooling, would I expect the generic post processor to generate the gcode for it also?

There's a generic Haas turning post processor in fusion to use.
1713633120346.png

For live tool you select/deselect in the tool library

1713633202578.png

I have live tooling, would I expect the generic post processor to generate the gcode for it also?
Rob,

I don't believe so. Saying you have live tooling makes me think 'Mill-Turn' post (assume you have c-axis indexing as well). There are no generic posts for HAAS under mill/turn. My suggestion would be to post to a) the Fusion 360 manufacturing forum and see if any one can comment on what they are using, or b) check the Autodesk HSM post forum and ask if anyone has a post for such machine or can suggest a Fusion post that will work with minimal modification. HTH

Fred

We use the generic haas post as well, love tooling works fine. The only thing to be careful with are the clearances and home positions. Our tail stock sometimes interferes with tool changes, so we had to set a secondary tool change position.

Post modification in fusion 360 is pretty straightforward and written in JavaScript if you need to make any modifications.

Rob,

I don't believe so. Saying you have live tooling makes me think 'Mill-Turn' post (assume you have c-axis indexing as well). There are no generic posts for HAAS under mill/turn. My suggestion would be to post to a) the Fusion 360 manufacturing forum and see if any one can comment on what they are using, or b) check the Autodesk HSM post forum and ask if anyone has a post for such machine or can suggest a Fusion post that will work with minimal modification. HTH

Fred
Yea, putting the word out

We use the generic haas post as well, love tooling works fine. The only thing to be careful with are the clearances and home positions. Our tail stock sometimes interferes with tool changes, so we had to set a secondary tool change position.

Post modification in fusion 360 is pretty straightforward and written in JavaScript if you need to make any modifications.
That’s encouraging

Any Haas lathe post should work IIRC they all have live tooling built into them you just have to add milling paths, and maybe there's a check box in the post processor setup page. It doesn't have to match your machine exactly, just edit your safe tool change positions and maybe tweak a few M-codes to suit the older generation control. Watch this video, then get the Fusion360 Post Processor extension for Visual Studio Code and hack away.
Its not like using an ST10 post is not going to halve the HP of your SL20 spindle, Haas builds them that way at the factory!

Back