What's new
What's new

Fusion 360 RIPS OFF subscription customers by removing multiaxis tool paths

Stirling

Hot Rolled
Ive paid a 3 year subscription fee to Fusion 360, now functionality is being removed and placed in a 3x more expensive "extensions" package.
how can that be legal?thats like ford taking a wheel from my truck at night and saying they will put it back on and let me use it for an additional minthly fee.
ABSOLUTE GARBAGE

(sorry for the grrrr. but this steams me, i feel its very unethical)

Hi ,

Next month, Autodesk will be making some updates to the capabilities provided in the Fusion 360 Manufacturing workspace.

We're working to simplify how we organize and offer these tools, while including more capabilities as part of your base Fusion 360 subscription.

What's happening?
Effective March 29, 2022, all Fusion 360 subscribers will gain access to extra 3+1 and 3+2 capabilities, at no additional cost. These features were previously only available in the Machining Extension and include interactive tool orientation controls such as align to view, align to surface normal, and interactive tilt and turn.

At the same time, more advanced and specialized 4-and 5-axis simultaneous capabilities will only be available with a subscription to the Machining Extension. These capabilities include swarf machining, multi-axis contour, multi-axis tilting (for 3D contour), and multi-axis flow functionality.

The Machining Extension will continue to include automated "entire part" strategies, toolpath modifications, surface inspection, and part alignment.

What do you need to do?
The capabilities coming into base Fusion 360 will automatically be reflected in the March release, so you don’t need to do anything.

If your business currently uses or needs access to 4- and 5-axis simultaneous machining capabilities, you'll need to subscribe to the Fusion 360 Machining Extension.

I agree. At least make the changes effective after our three year license expires. If they can change up the contract mid term we should be able to re-negociate the price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honestly it smell pretty class action suit'y to me. just grant everyone with a subscripion the extension for the durration of their sub. problm solved, hook them on more services....
dont steal form me

The only thing Autodesk will respect is a 'few hundred million' in class action suits.

This may be my day #2 'lack of nicotine' talking here, but... FUCK them!
I hope every single person on the Board of Directors @ Autodesk, stubs a toe so hard it breaks the nail !!
I am so very tired off large corporations and Governments cheating the little guy, just because there's really nothing you/ we can do.

Rant off!

Doug.

That's crazy that they wont honor your prepaid 3 years of subscription. That's just wrong.

But increasing prices shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. They've been offering a good product at tremendous value to suck in as many customers as possible. Now we're seeing the second part of the business strategy.

If I were you I'd reach out to AutoDesk, they need to hear feedback. Likely they won't give a crap and ignore you or tell you to pound sand. Its seems to me that the AutoDesk business model is based around trying to see how many customers it can piss off.

Today Fusion 360 can be purchased for $495 a year or $1410 for 3 years (US prices). The Machining Extension adds another $1600 year which is a tough pill to swallow since it more than triples the cost. I'm curious what is the cost of alternative software that can handle 4 and 5 axis work?

If I were you I'd reach out to AutoDesk, they need to hear feedback. Likely they won't give a crap and ignore you or tell you to pound sand. Its seems to me that the AutoDesk business model is based around trying to see how many customers it can piss off.

Today Fusion 360 can be purchased for $495 a year or $1410 for 3 years (US prices). The Machining Extension adds another $1600 year which is a tough pill to swallow since it more than triples the cost. I'm curious what is the cost of alternative software that can handle 4 and 5 axis work?

Here is a thread over there...Re: Moving all 5 axis simultaneous tool paths to the machining extension? Really? - Page 2 - Autodesk Community

No other software can touch Fusion for the price which is why they are able to do what they are doing with respect to the bait and switch. They don't care. They know if you want another option you are gonna pay 4-10x at least somewhere else.

I think there is an implied contract in there somewhere

If they send you a crayon and a sheet of paper, does that fulfill their commitment?

I think not

They can put a lot of things in a ULA, but there are limits to what they can really do

This is incredibly dumb dumb of Autodesk.
If more advanced 5 axis paths are coming (which is 100% true), implement them as upgrades to the HSM Works derived 5 axis tool paths you receive with the $1600 year subscription, but keep those current ones around as part of the base package.

I think any backlash from this Autodesk gets is 100% warranted.

Here is a thread over there...Re: Moving all 5 axis simultaneous tool paths to the machining extension? Really? - Page 2 - Autodesk Community

No other software can touch Fusion for the price which is why they are able to do what they are doing with respect to the bait and switch. They don't care. They know if you want another option you are gonna pay 4-10x at least somewhere else.

I agree, which where I was going. However its one thing to take features out of the free hobby edition as its well free. They really don't owe you anything. But its something else to start dicking around and pulling features out of editions that folks have purchased multiyear subscriptions too. Its like you leased a Honda Civic and then in year 2 Honda says you know what AC and cruise is now extra. BTW all you folks already in a lease piss on you, you also need to pony up some $$$ or we're turning your AC off. May or may not be legal (probably largely on consumer laws and many of those don't apply to businesses) but either way it sure is a bad way to treat your customers.

I look forward to discussing this with my salesman when he calls to ask how I am liking the software and if I am going to renew my subscription.

What to say? I mean the writing was on the wall all along wasn't it? In this particular case, no-one can even bitch that hindsight is 20-20.

Back when this pile of shit was 'free', how many people signed up to 'pay' (with their time) to learn it only to be beta testers of the paid product. So many people even predicted this and yet all the people that wanted 'free' from a commercial company, with history of shitting on products, competitors, and even their own customers, piled on with how great it was. One needed to only try to do anything more than the most basic modeling - i.e., just try a moderately complex assembly model, and you knew it wasn't anything compared to a proven commercial product (solid works).

I feel for you guys that invested hard time learning it and building around it. But right now, I bet a set of solidworks with not-so-great 'free' CAMWorks looks mighty f'ing cheap.

Stop throwing good time and money after bad.

Back