What's new
What's new

fusion rotary problems

DBcooper

Aluminum
using the rotary function on fusion, im trying to profile a feature like a cam lobe on a shaft in my daewoo lathe with live tooling. the machine makes a good pass, but it has to unwind after each revolution, and if the start point is not at the high point of the profile the endmill just wipes out the feature that was just milled. it seems like it shouldnt be limited to 360 degrees. even if it is, i can still work with it, but i just need the tool to retract before it unwinds. anyone have any ideas? ive tried all different settings for the C axis kinematics in the machine settings but no success.

before getting the multiaxis extension, i was able to mill a 2d adaptive program where it didnt have to unwind after each revolution when using axial milling. seems like theres got to be something im missing somewhere

Check out the machine kinematics setup in the utilities section see what the c axis is set to. Off the top of my head the options are limited with a number you can enter, unlimited and cyclic. It sounds like it's set to limited.

Which post are you using? I had to do a bit of monkeying around to get rotary stuff working well for Haas

The post is for a newer fanuc control than I have, but like I said, it didn't have a problem going over 360 degrees with a 2d adaptive toolpath when axial milling. Post was given to me by someone at Autodesk

Okay, looking through the fanuc post it doesn't handle the caxis stuff the same way so my idea there was moot anyway. In the rotary tool path box make sure you don't have "set angular limits" checked, make sure your clearance and retract OD's are far enough away and you've got full retract selected, maybe crank up the retract distance and that might help? Other than that I'm out of ideas.

Yeah, it's looking like its an issue in the post. So now I'm in the market for a post for a 25 year old Daewoo dual spindle mill-turn with a fanuc control... So I'm not asking for much lol

Back