What's new
What's new

Fusion360 Internal Boring (Help)

B.A.D.Kustoms

Plastic
I'm new to Fusion turning but seriously thinking it's lacking control.
I'm boring a 6.35mm hole out to 7.50mm with a 5.40mm solid carbide boring bar.
That being said the tool is far too large to cut to center which seems to be the only option I have doing a Profile Finish. I've tried roughing too.

That's not my only bone to pick though, also defining boring bars under turning there is no option for a round shank bar. If you make a round boring bar under hole making you can achieve the round bar but then you can't use the tool for profile finishing in turning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

-Brad

Upload your part in a .f3d file and I'll have a look at it. That would be the easiest way. I bore and turn with Fusion every day. Also, if you post it on the Autodesk Fusion 360 manufacturing forum, you should get help pretty quickly. Always had good luck there.

BAD, you have put your finger on it. fusion is a steaming mess. There are some good parts, but I regret buying into it.

What you want is under the drilling function drop down. Fine boring, with shift. This pitches the tool an amount you can specify, I usually use .005"

Not sure why you are having trouble defining a boring bar. Go to the tool management icon, open the library and if you don't have a library begun, start one. Then use the + button to add a tool. Boring bars are the first icon in the second group. Default shank is diameter. Set what you want there.

Back