What's new
What's new

Fusion360 machine configuration help/example of live tool subspindle lathe?

usolutions

Cast Iron
Hi, does anyone have an example of live tool lathe, sub spindle lathe, twin turret, anything I could analyze to configure mine. Fusion library does not have any examples. Any make should be fine. machine config file or screenshots appreciated. I am not asking for post processor here, just how to configure live tool lathe, kinematics and stuff.

Fusion 360 does not yet support machine configurations or machine simulation for lathes of any kind. That said, they're well aware of the need for this (it's really long overdue) and are working on bringing a solution to market

FWIW, I use F360 to program my Doosan Lynx LSYB. Despite the lack of machine sim, I've manage to avoid crashes and produce quality parts.

FWIW, I use F360 to program my Doosan Lynx LSYB. Despite the lack of machine sim, I've manage to avoid crashes and produce quality parts.
You can post without machine config? How then I can manage machines RPM's and feeds without making tool edits for that ?
I dont really use machine sim for my VMC, dont yet see value for me.

My Tool library has the presets for the materials I'm cutting, each toolpath has SFM and FPR fields, control it all at that level.

That said, it is possible to make a generic Mill/Turn Machine Definition, just click the "+" symbol and create one in the folder of your choice (I prefer the Cloud folder)

2023-03-03_15h29_07.png

And while I do have a Machine Config for my lathe, sometimes I forget to use it, no issues with that. It essentially just saves me a step when I go to post process the code, since the Machine Def automatically selects the post I need (as opposed to having to scroll thru my list of post processors)

And while I do have a Machine Config for my lathe, sometimes I forget to use it, no issues with that. It essentially just saves me a step when I go to post process the code, since the Machine Def automatically selects the post I need (as opposed to having to scroll thru my list of post processors)
Thank you, it ws very helpful to understand in what direction to move.

Back