What's new
What's new

G code on Mazak T-32 Controller with MazView

MR2

Plastic
I recently bought MazView software for transferring programs on and off our Mazak T-32 controller. It took some time to find a cable to transfer programs properly from the controller to a computer but got it working eventually. The Mazak Quick Turn lathe is supposed to be able to run G code but I'm having issues transferring files to the controller via MazView. It doesn't seem to support any file type that I set with G code. I've tried renaming the file with a .maz at the end of it and it doesn't work. I've also tried .nc and .txt. If anyone has had any luck with this I'd appreciate some input. The goal is to be able to do the programming inside of FeatureCAM, post the g code for the lathe, then upload it to the controller. Thanks in advance.

There is one program on the machine that is, in fact, G code. Not sure how it was transferred. May have been done 20 or 30 years ago. I was able to transfer it off the machine but when I opened it, the file was corrupted.

To get .eia filenames do I simply rename the file or is there some type of conversion that I have to do?

EIA was an option on the older controllers. Are you certain your machine can run EIA?
Uh, not certain where you got this from. Even the most recent controls, (Smooth Ai,) run .eia files for G-Code programs. It's the standard file format for Mazak.
There is one program on the machine that is, in fact, G code. Not sure how it was transferred. May have been done 20 or 30 years ago. I was able to transfer it off the machine but when I opened it, the file was corrupted.

To get .eia filenames do I simply rename the file or is there some type of conversion that I have to do?
You just change the extension. Should work fine as long as it's coming from another text based file structure.

Reactions: MR2
As I said, EIA was an option on the older controllers. It did not come standard. Yes, the newer controls come with it.

Back