What's new
What's new

G37 (Measure Tool Offset) Does Not Update Offsets

Very good point. It's a 2007 machine. Not sure when the ability to designate tool types in the table appeared.
I checked last night, I can't find anywhere to specify a tool type. Think that was introduced with the NGC maybe

I checked last night, I can't find anywhere to specify a tool type. Think that was introduced with the NGC maybe
We had it on pre-NGC controls with our 2010 machines. It was in the tool offset table. You arrow over to the right and there was a column to specify if it was a drill, end mill, shell mill, probe, etc. Among other things, it used those for some of the tool measurement cycles to know which tools to touch for length only vs length and diameter, etc.

We had it on pre-NGC controls with our 2010 machines. It was in the tool offset table. You arrow over to the right and there was a column to specify if it was a drill, end mill, shell mill, probe, etc. Among other things, it used those for some of the tool measurement cycles to know which tools to touch for length only vs length and diameter, etc.
Ah ok, so it must have been introduced right after my version then heh. Yeah I tried to arrow over, there's nothing there.

Back