What's new
What's new

G76 thread cutting

FrankieB

Aluminum
Is there a parameter or another way to control the retract amount the cutting threads? I am doing an internal thread with tight clearances. The maximum miner dia is 1.321, i would like to use a threading bar with a min clearance of 1.300.
The machine is a sl30t
Thank you

I think there is a setting for the retract amount.

I can't remember clearly, but check setting # 73 ?
Thanks for the reply, from what i can find setting 73 is for the retract amount when using OD/ID roughing. I am not sure if it will work for a G76 threading cycle.

Thanks for the reply, from what i can find setting 73 is for the retract amount when using OD/ID roughing. I am not sure if it will work for a G76 threading cycle.
It has been a while since I have run a Haas lathe. If setting 73 doesn't affect the retract of G76, I can't think of another location for a retract amount.

Is it possible that it only retracts to the starting X position?

My memory isn't great on this, but those two ideas are all I can think of right now.

It has been a while since I have run a Haas lathe. If setting 73 doesn't affect the retract of G76, I can't think of another location for a retract amount.

Is it possible that it only retracts to the starting X position?

My memory isn't great on this, but those two ideas are all I can think of right now.
That is what i am thinking it does.

Back