What's new
What's new

gears for 2CH

usmachine

Stainless
Does anybody out there have any spare gears for a 2CH vertical. I just got a machine in from an Ebay purchase and it has two damaged gears. The front primary sliding gear on the output shaft and the range gear in the gearbox have been damaged and need replacement.

Tooth count is as follows 25 and 19 teeth on the sliding gear and 23 on the range gear. I am putting this up here because I hope more of you K&T guys will see it.

It is a nice little machine but nobody checked all of the gear ranges and I was told it ok before I bought it. I would have looked but it was 750 miles away and asked the right ???. Oh well, it is to nice a machine to retire so I need some help if I can get it. :-(

Thanks, Doug Baker

Does anyone know if the speed select gears in a vertical are the same as in a horizontal? I think there are many more horizontals in the world than verticals so it might be worth finding out.

Hi Freeman, I have all of the pages here on my desk and will forward them to you by fax or email.

I have also emailed you with my phone number if you need to call.

Thanks in advance for the help, Doug Baker

I spent a little time with my parts manual this evening and it appears that the speed change box is the same on the horizontal and the vertical machine.

The issue with these as I have been advised is to make sure of the tooth count when getting your replacemnt gears from a used machine or gearbox.

I have a 2CH vertical with broken bevel gears. I pulled the gear box out and used the clutch fork to repair a 2H. Also have a complete gear box from a 2H horizontal, also missing the clutch fork. From my limited experence a lot of the internal parts might interchange. Since I've not had any luck finding parts to repair the CH mabye I can help you out. Jim

Jim, please give me a call at 248-789-4323. There are a couple of questions that I need to ask about the parts you have.

The high range in the head is worn out as well and I wonder if you still have that assembly. Freeman has offered to help with parts from a machine he has as well. Thank you very much for all of the help.

Thanks, Doug

I am writing to thank Mike Freeman (freeman) and Jim Clay (jljim) for their efforts in helping me find the parts to repair my 2CH.

Thanks to them not only will it run again it will now have the high speed gear box option (2100 rpm) although the thought of a 50 taper holder doing 2100 rpm that close to my head is a sobering thought.

Also, I would like to thank Rich Collins from Kingsmen Machinery for being an honorable dealer in helping me settle the issue of the machine having internal damage when I received it. He was genuinely concerned and took the time to make sure a proper settlement was reached to help with repairs

(-: Oh it's a good day in K&T land :)

Merry Christmas and Best wishes to all

Doug Baker
US Machine Works

Back