What's new
What's new

Genos 560v prices and options

updatedsecurity

Aluminum
Hello

Does anyone have a rough guide on expected prices for the Genos 560 v. Also besides the chip conveyor and probing what else would you recommend. We are going to hold off on the rotary and tsc for the moment. I am more asking as far as machine control and so fourth. Thank you

My Genos 560R-V with TSC, Chip conveyor, probing costs around 130K USD. I am not in US so it might be different. Get the TSC; ever since I got a machine with TSC, it has become a must now to have it on every other machine. Drilling, tapping, reaming, deep pocket machining are so much easier with TSC.

We machine almost exclusively aluminum and do not have many deep holes or tiny drills. We have the 300psi MP systems pumps on our M-560V and they do a great job at considerably lower cost than the 1000 psi.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox
Thank you. We would like a new machine. I dont have much luck buying used. Though that one is pretty new with the low hours

I'm ordering my M660 with TSC and 1000 psi, among other options. I got really used to TSC when I worked at DN, so that's a must have for me. I was a little surprised it wasn't standard, but no matter, it's going to be on mine.

I'm ordering my M660 with TSC and 1000 psi, among other options. I got really used to TSC when I worked at DN, so that's a must have for me. I was a little surprised it wasn't standard, but no matter, it's going to be on mine.
Hello.

Yes it should be. It is somewhat standard on the dn machines. Well around 300 psi, but still its something.

Agreed. Just one of those little items I'd like to see changed, but, it's available and will be on mine, along with a few other options.
Hello.

What other options are you looking at? I am just looking at probing and conveyor. Also its interesting to me as to why you are not getting a DN machine, having had history with them.

I have a 4th 560 on the way. You will want probing and touch setter(radio), TSC if applicable, and either a Mayfran or other scrapper style conveyor. The lift up hinge conveyor will put more chips in your tank than in the scrap bin. The machines don't come with a wash down hose but you can add one to the spare pump you get withTSC and control it with M codes.

They are very solid machines but you should use the opportunity of buying new to add in 3 years of labor and 5 years of parts to the warranty. I had a machine blow a spindle due to a cracked air/oil line just outside of the normal year warranty. Thankfully We had negotiated longer terms so it was repaired at no cost in about a week.

The control is pretty robust as is. A few spare M codes never hurt.

I have a 4th 560 on the way. You will want probing and touch setter(radio), TSC if applicable, and either a Mayfran or other scrapper style conveyor. The lift up hinge conveyor will put more chips in your tank than in the scrap bin. The machines don't come with a wash down hose but you can add one to the spare pump you get withTSC and control it with M codes.

They are very solid machines but you should use the opportunity of buying new to add in 3 years of labor and 5 years of parts to the warranty. I had a machine blow a spindle due to a cracked air/oil line just outside of the normal year warranty. Thankfully We had negotiated longer terms so it was repaired at no cost in about a week.

Hello.

Thank you. Can you please pm me your ballpark price paid if you can. I did not know adding more warranty is something one can do. That's a good suggestion. Thank you

DN Solutions (the new Doosan) offers a bridge-style machine called the BVM-5700, that competes head-to-head with the Okuma 560V. The DN machine looks really good! Might be worth a look, especially depending on your regional dealer and service network.

ToolCat

DN Solutions (the new Doosan) offers a bridge-style machine called the BVM-5700, that competes head-to-head with the Okuma 560V. The DN machine looks really good! Might be worth a look, especially depending on your regional dealer and service network.

ToolCat
Good to know. I got the quote on the c frame one. I will look up the bvm

ToolCat
Man, that is literally a copy of the 560, the travels are nearly identical! They did add coolant lines on the rear way cover so I suppose its not a total copy.
The DN is a really good option if you want a 560 with a Fanuc controller.

Hello.

What other options are you looking at? I am just looking at probing and conveyor. Also its interesting to me as to why you are not getting a DN machine, having had history with them.
Probe, conveyor, AOT, TSC, 1000psi, sub table. I'm thinking of a 4th, but haven't committed to it. Plus, I want to make sure that User Task, cutter comp, and a few other things are present in the new control like they were in my older Okuma.
DN is a good value, no doubt, but, it's not an Okuma. While I may have worked for them, I own Okuma in my shop. The M660 is way beyond the DNM and BVM for build quality, accuracy, spindles, and control. If my budget were tight, it might have been a DN, but I purposely waited til I had the funds to go for it.

We use that spare coolant pump for a home made wash down to keep the door track an inside front of machine clear.

Back