What's new
What's new

Get your wallets out! (old shop for sale)

Please edit your topic title to give some hint of what is contained within. "Get your wallets out" tells us nothing and even sounds like spam.

Ja kan prata litten Svenska

Cool little shop. Would love to have something like that powered by a water wheel.

Saw some very cool machinery related things while honeymooning in Finland (wife was born there) and Sweden, but missed any machine shops.

Is that 1,000,000 in Kroner? What's the US exchange rate these days?

Mark

As of today... 1,000,000 Swedish Krona = 137,288 US Dollar.... that is more than would fit in my wallet..... I knew tools were expensive over there but that is crazy.....

The price is complety crazy, im sure he will accept bids on a more sane level. Old tools like this are ussualy very much cheaper here than i the USA or UK.

Sweden has many nice old shops, since we were never bombed during the war.

Curious ad, with a mixture of English and Swedish language. The machines are not identified in English, so I wonder which market is he trying to sell to.

Drycreek,
You have never heard of Swinglish? Its spoken there a lot! Very funny to hear in the airport someone being paged and told to come to the "desken" There is no Swedish word Desken, its Swinglish for Desk. Or the girl I heard order a "Smooty", ie, a smoothie.

Price looks high to me too. Looks like a good thing for a museum though.
I met this guy a couple years ago:
http://www.rubens.se/index_uk.html
He has an amazing collection of stuff.
Seems like a good thing for him...

Back