What's new
What's new

Getting a haas post for out of date mastercam?

Dicks4fingers

Aluminum
I'm betting I'm just being an idiot.

What's the best way to go about getting a new 5 axis post? Right nowI'm just doing 3+2 stuff.

I have an old version and do 3+1. If you 3d model it just use a different work shift for each index. Mine puts the A in the code. I think we just modified a Fanuc pp to output the way I want to see it.

I have an old version and do 3+1. If you 3d model it just use a different work shift for each index. Mine puts the A in the code. I think we just modified a Fanuc pp to output the way I want to see it.
Well the point is I'm currently doing 3+2 just fine and true 4 just fine. wanting to be able to figure out true 5 axis stuff out. Very tiny shop here so I'm trying to take advantage of that to keep on figuring out all I can.

you haven't figured out he's a bootlegger yet?
If mastercam hadn't distibuted cracked copies back in the day and to this day, they wouldn't have the market share they do. I chuckle when people get on a soapbox, not that you were.
Shit, it's a phone-home marketing tactic to sic the local reseller on IP addresses.:stirthepot:

If mastercam hadn't distibuted cracked copies back in the day and to this day, they wouldn't have the market share they do. I chuckle when people get on a soapbox, not that you were.
Shit, it's a phone-home marketing tactic to sic the local reseller on IP addresses.:stirthepot:
I started using MC about 22 years ago. Place I was working had crack copies, but I didn't know until they fired a guy who turned them in. What a mess. So, you're a 100% right, it's only because of how easy it was to crack that everybody and their brother knows how to use it.

I started using MC about 22 years ago. Place I was working had crack copies, but I didn't know until they fired a guy who turned them in. What a mess. So, you're a 100% right, it's only because of how easy it was to crack that everybody and their brother knows how to use it.
Curious, what happened to your old boss?

I've always wondered how they enforce that.

Curious, what happened to your old boss?

I've always wondered how they enforce that.
they have a federal marshal come in and lock the place down. Then, after about a year of court battles, they were allowed to buy the current version of MC, pay a hefty fine, and have an independent IT firm come in and audit the software installed of every computer for 3 years.

they have a federal marshal come in and lock the place down. Then, after about a year of court battles, they were allowed to buy the current version of MC, pay a hefty fine, and have an independent IT firm come in and audit the software installed of every computer for 3 years.
Wow!

And now we watch the OP quietly escape through the back door....... :ROFLMAO:

Back