What's new
What's new

getting flushing on when tanks is down

camerons

Plastic
i’d like to start this by saying i am an apprentice for a company in which i am learning the wires to add to my engineering knowledge, i usually work myself teaching myself as i go along with the programming and set ups however i have recently came in to my first problem.

the machine i run is a sodick ag600L and typically when the tank is up i’ve never experienced any problems however i have been brought a job round that is to big for the table and would require the tank to stay down while cutting. this i am told has been done in the past with no problems as you get the high flushing on and it allows it to cut. but when cutting the flushing doesn’t come on. their is no current qualified edm operator to assist me with this as the last man left 2 months ago and i’m unsure if it’s a bypass to trick the system that was being used or if it’s a simple code of some sort that i’m missing. can anyone help please??

Not familiar with the newer Sodicks but most submerged machines, there's either something on the settings page to run with flushing only, or you just omit the G code to fill the tank at the beginning of the program. Can you find a Settings page and take a picture of it? Also if you can find a manual look for a G code for tank fill and try removing it from your program if it's there.

T89 will change your machine to flushing mode allowing you to cut with the door down.
T94 will change it back to submerged mode.

T89 will change your machine to flushing mode allowing you to cut with the door down.
T94 will change it back to submerged mode.
i’ve used T89 and when doing this it cuts showing theirs voltage running through the wire like you’d expect but with no flushing surely it will just short circuit when it comes in to contact?

Not familiar with the newer Sodicks but most submerged machines, there's either something on the settings page to run with flushing only, or you just omit the G code to fill the tank at the beginning of the program. Can you find a Settings page and take a picture of it? Also if you can find a manual look for a G code for tank fill and try removing it from your program if it's there.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 5
the code to fill the tank is away but i think the problem is to do with the fact i don’t think this technically is supposed to be done as the saftey locks on the door would need bypassed for the machine to even be running it’s completely going to work if i could just find a way to get the flushing on i believe

Most program software puts a T94 in the beginning of the program. Change it to T89 or delete the line. You can change it using your MDI page as well. It can be done, we do it all the time.

;
M03;
G00 X1.4166 Y0.09135 U0.0 V0.0;
T91 (Thread Wire);
;
(SolidWire - 2 Axis Contour : Sodick);
T94 (Water dielectric);
T84 (Pump ON);
(ROUGH PRIMARY CUT);

Most program software puts a T94 in the beginning of the program. Change it to T89 or delete the line. You can change it using your MDI page as well. It can be done, we do it all the time.

;
M03;
G00 X1.4166 Y0.09135 U0.0 V0.0;
T91 (Thread Wire);
;
(SolidWire - 2 Axis Contour : Sodick);
T94 (Water dielectric);
T84 (Pump ON);
(ROUGH PRIMARY CUT);
i have done this thanks, the issue i still have is if i put the tank up the flushing comes on no bother without being submerged but the job is to big and therefore i need the tank down but when i do this it does everything but the flushing meaning it would just short circuit when it hits

You will need to go parameters, first flag page and find the "Tank Up Machining Start" mid way up on the right side of your screen and change the digit from (1) TO (0) to keep the door down.

You will need to go parameters, first flag page and find the "Tank Up Machining Start" mid way up on the right side of your screen and change the digit from (1) TO (0) to keep the door down.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13
Your going to need to make an enclosure if you want to keep the water spray contained. You also won't be able to use High Pressure Flushing like normal. I have only cut with the door down a time or two, you need to turn the flushing down pretty good, prob need to adjust your ON and OFF, SV, SF as well and I couldn't tell ya what to do with your offsets. Your burn will be much slower than in submerged mode but that's the nature of the beast.

Your going to need to make an enclosure if you want to keep the water spray contained. You also won't be able to use High Pressure Flushing like normal. I have only cut with the door down a time or two, you need to turn the flushing down pretty good, prob need to adjust your ON and OFF, SV, SF as well and I couldn't tell ya what to do with your offsets. Your burn will be much slower than in submerged mode but that's the nature of the beast.
i don’t mind the spray as such, the first photo of the wire it should be doing the same as the second one no? or will it not spray like that when the tank is down as the job i’m supposed to put up on it will stick well out past the tank and all i’ve really been told is that it was fine before and the old operator has done it in the past but they aren’t exactly on talking terms so he’s not going to be mych use

i don’t mind the spray as such, the first photo of the wire it should be doing the same as the second one no? or will it not spray like that when the tank is down as the job i’m supposed to put up on it will stick well out past the tank and all i’ve really been told is that it was fine before and the old operator has done it in the past but they aren’t exactly on talking terms so he’s not going to be mych use
I don't believe you can use High Pressure with the door down...I've only had to skim some holes out ,so I was able to adjust my low pressure to what I felt was sufficient.

I don't believe you can use High Pressure with the door down...I've only had to skim some holes out ,so I was able to adjust my low pressure to what I felt was sufficient.
cheers for the help anyway, i’m going to need to keep trying as theirs thousands of dollars worth of jobs here waiting to be put on that only fit hanging out, been a stressful day…

Reactions: JZ.
yes i noticed the FLOAT yellow light was on at the bottom so i tried to lift it slightly and stop it with the manual door stop button to get it off and although it’s done that their must be a censor or something thats restricting it as it still acts as if it’s at the bottom won’t allow me to even fill the tank at that point

I run AG600L machines everyday, and I have once done some unsubmerged machining as a test for a quote for our customer.

I had to use T89 to turn on Unsubmerged machining.
T86 for normal Flushing.
T84 turns on high pressure flushing, but we had to build some barriers to keep from spraying water 20 feet away.
I took 7 hours using .006 wire to cut a 2in x 0.5in opening thru 2 inches of steel.
Customer design required inside corn radius of less that .005 hence the .006 wire.
With T89 active I did not have to trip any safeties to trick the machine into running.

If we had got the job I was going to design a flushing pot to maintain water around the cut, and hopefully seal well enough to allow high pressure flushing.

I run AG600L machines everyday, and I have once done some unsubmerged machining as a test for a quote for our customer.

I had to use T89 to turn on Unsubmerged machining.
T86 for normal Flushing.
T84 turns on high pressure flushing, but we had to build some barriers to keep from spraying water 20 feet away.
I took 7 hours using .006 wire to cut a 2in x 0.5in opening thru 2 inches of steel.
Customer design required inside corn radius of less that .005 hence the .006 wire.
With T89 active I did not have to trip any safeties to trick the machine into running.

If we had got the job I was going to design a flushing pot to maintain water around the cut, and hopefully seal well enough to allow high pressure flushing.
did that work to allow the tank to stay down or was the tank still up but just empty, cos the job i’m to do is a big ring that will stick out about 3 ft past the machine and so far from all i can tell the flushing won’t turn on using t89 and t84 unless i put the tank up. hopefully get this sorted and get in the gaffers good books ahahah

Back