What's new
What's new

Getting in touch with Carbide Bob

S-K Speed

Plastic
Can anyone here give me a phone number, or a website/email address that I can get in touch with Carbide Bob.
I have sent him a private message a few weeks ago and never heard back from him. Summer vacation maybe?

Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Did you hear back finally? If not, try him again. Turns out he had busted his ankle. Just saw him back a few days ago and mentioned I hadn't seen him post in quite some time, that's how I found out.

@CarbideBob

We got in touch.
The busted ankle sort of slows you down. Eight weeks and they tell me that I can't put any weight on it still.
Looking at the x-rays it seems to me it has more steel than bone now so it should be super strong to walk on.
The doctor is saying 6 more weeks and maybe a boot. If she had nuts I'd give her a good kick square up front.
On my second (third?) cast now. Had to modify it a tad with a hacksaw and some duct tape. :)
Bob

Getting old sucks, heh.
You can say that again. I had no noticeable health issues other than easily correctable vision until I reached about 60. Since then, multiple CT scans, a recent MRI, a couple of seriously irritating biopsies, nearly a week in a hospital ward, multiple daily maintenance drugs, and that's all from multiple, presumably unrelated, issues. I feel like the parson's one-hoss shay (see Oliver Wendell Holmes). Someday, I will just fall to dust.

Getting old does suck, it is much easier to hurt yourself and it takes way longer to heal. I got tangled up in some weeds while trimming some lower tree branches.
I took a few steps before falling in the grass. The collision with the ground was probably like tackling a 220# running back at the line of scrimmage. I ended up with a rib strain, neck strain, concussion, sprained wrist, and turned ankle. How I did all that with one fall from standing position is baffling. That was a week and a half ago and it still hurts to laugh, or cough. I fractured ribs when I was 18 and they healed well enough in 3 weeks to go back to playing football. 40+ years later a simple strain will take as long to heal as a fracture.

A busted ankle took 3 weeks to heal when I was 30, I bet now a sprain would take twice that long to heal.

Back