What's new
What's new

Good shop lights for 8ft ceiling?

Check out this thread on Garage Journal: https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/threads/the-best-light-fixture-ever.278420/

I used the recommendations for my home shop with ~10' ceilings in my attached garage. I bought empty (no ballast) T8 fluorescent fixtures for roughly $15 each and the direct wire LED T8 replacements to go in them. This was about four years ago and I've been really happy with them. Bright, even light and I haven't had any tube failures except for one that was DOA out of the box.

Thanks for all the input.

I have settled on a dozen 75W 2x4 LED panel lights like BugRobotics recommended. I don't feel like the LED's where you can see the indivual LED's work well at low height. They blind you. I could use any fixture style, but it seems like the 2x4 style lights are the lowest cost, probably because they're so common. You can use them as a troffer or they have brackets to hang or attach them.

Are you still happy with these set at 8 feet? How many did you end up using?

I have a few of the Barrina led strip lights from Amazon. They are ok but the 6500k color temp is terrible. It's like a pure white, almost blue sort of light.

Are you still happy with these set at 8 feet? How many did you end up using?

I have a few of the Barrina led strip lights from Amazon. They are ok but the 6500k color temp is terrible. It's like a pure white, almost blue sort of light.

I haven't had time to finish the lighting yet. I can't answer that yet.

Contact your electrical utility. they will probably come out and design it for you. They may offer rebates on led fixtures to replace older lights.
Bill D

AntLux 8ft series of lamps are very good, whether they are used for garage lights or shop lights. The key is that the service is very good and it is already the third year of use.

Please make sure that when ya remove ballast & install line voltage LED tubes in place of fluorescent tubes that ya mark the fixture where people can see it " no ballast , line voltage led's " . A guy thinks their regular fluorescent tubes & goes to replace one will be changing his britches real quick .
animal

Back