What's new
What's new

Got a 2011 flow 2x4 IFB machine. Tell me what I don’t know!

50BMG DUDE

Cast Iron
Hi guys. Just bought a 2011 2x4’ flow IFB machine w/30 hp hyplex pump. We always wanted a Waterjet and we got a smokin deal on it.

Flow told me to take a flying leap when I asked about getting a tech to come out and do a startup on it. To old they said. I found a ex-flow tech willing to come on site to help me out in the next couple weeks.

Wondering if anyone can help let me know what I should order to have on hand when he gets here? Orifices mix tubes etc? Pump has about 3000 hours on it. Talked to old owner and he said it was still running good. He bought a much bigger machine with a 90kpsi intensifier

Just wondering you you flow guys can give a newb some pointers and expectations for this machine. I know it won’t be fast but it will give us capabilities we didn’t have before. Mainly plan to cut carbon steel and aluminum under 3/4” thick. But I do have a part that’s 1-1/2 A36 I would like to rough out with the machine

Thanks

Chris

Ok - How about a kick start? I plan to cut mostly low carbon steel 1/4-1/2" thick for some equipment we make. Help me out with orfice sizes, mixing tubes, flow disks etc. What about pump consumables to have on hand?

Free bump.

From what I've read on this forum there is a fairly negative sentiment on Water Jets, esp older ones. Noisy, parts wear out quickly, pumps need rebuilt...no support. Water and garnet everwhere.

I also think 1/4-1/2 is laser and HD plasma territory.

Good luck!

Back