What's new
What's new

GrabCAD Workbench end of life June 1st, 2023

And car plant conveyor people, and me...
I am not happy about it. I wouldn’t mind even paying for such a service.
yep, I have all my side work stuff on it too, like over 20 gig of files, guess I have to start dragging the external HD around again.

I used it in when it was in beta but it wasn't mature enough. I've used Dropbox since 2012 and it's worked fine for my uses. I never tried it again after the beta but I dug the idea.

I used it in when it was in beta but it wasn't mature enough. I've used Dropbox since 2012 and it's worked fine for my uses. I never tried it again after the beta but I dug the idea.
dropbox cannot show the SW files and rotate them, view an assembly and you have a slider to explode it and you can hide and show the any of the components as well as section. if you have stl files it will show the 3D...many many things drop and google drive lack

Been using it for years. I wonder why they went straight to an end-of-life announcement instead of exploring pricing, or even selling to another company. Maybe the user count wasn't as high as hoped? Even with just 1000 paying users at $10/mth it's a cool $10K monthly revenue...

dropbox cannot show the SW files and rotate them, view an assembly and you have a slider to explode it and you can hide and show the any of the components as well as section. if you have stl files it will show the 3D...many many things drop and google drive lack
Yea, Dropbox is a pretty lame CAD management system when compared to those features.

Been using it for years. I wonder why they went straight to an end-of-life announcement instead of exploring pricing, or even selling to another company. Maybe the user count wasn't as high as hoped? Even with just 1000 paying users at $10/mth it's a cool $10K monthly revenue...
yep don't understand it either. I'd pay a small fee to help keep it going, just not sure our students would pay to use it for a semester.

Back