What's new
What's new

Haas Chatter

What are you using to program the tool paths? I think it’s a cam setting doing that
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What are you using to program the tool paths? I think it’s a cam setting doing that
Don

Haha,I wish, yeah NO.
Doesn't matter what the CAM software is doing, what matters is the end product,
So what is the CAM software's, POST processor, Gcode look like?
And it is a single G1 linear move, and all pre machine loaded Gcodes are standard codes, nothing strange.

Haha,I wish, yeah NO.
Doesn't matter what the CAM software is doing, what matters is the end product,
So what is the CAM software's, POST processor, Gcode look like?
And it is a single G1 linear move, and all pre machine loaded Gcodes are standard codes, nothing strange.

You didn’t answer what cam you were using. I still think it looks like like the tolerance isn’t set right
Don

^^ He just told you he can hand program a single line in X direction and still get same result. Not a CAM issue then.

You know what is real sad, I mean real sad, is that there is a generation of kids trained on these machines that think that finish is normal. That is a good finish. Probably never seen a mirror finish.

You wonder why some of use would rather rebuild boxway fadals and throw a controller at it, probably a better finish and faster than this thing lol

^^ He just told you he can hand program a single line in X direction and still get same result. Not a CAM issue then.

You know what is real sad, I mean real sad, is that there is a generation of kids trained on these machines that think that finish is normal. That is a good finish. Probably never seen a mirror finish.

You wonder why some of use would rather rebuild boxway fadals and throw a controller at it, probably a better finish and faster than this thing lol

I never would have considered the rebuild a Fadal route, but a nice condition 10-20 year old Japanese VMC with a Fanuc control is often available under $5k.

I recently bought an ultra minty horizontal Makino, like only driven on Sundays by a little old lady. Like the paint is still on the metal under where the chip auger rides and the spindle taper looks like it's never held a tool. Makino is about 100,000,000 times more machine than the finest Haas. The Makino even has a big sticker inside the control cabinet to let you know not to be confused at the machine's accuracy as it's base increment is 1 micron or 0.0000393701" with scales on X,Y,Z and B. Thanks for the heads up Makino!

So far I've spent more on tooling than I paid for the whole machine. Top notch used beats shitty new every time.

Haas= waste of time.

I recently bought an ultra minty horizontal Makino, like only driven on Sundays by a little old lady. Like the paint is still on the metal under where the chip auger rides and the spindle taper looks like it's never held a tool. Makino is about 100,000,000 times more machine than the finest Haas. The Makino even has a big sticker inside the control cabinet to let you know not to be confused at the machine's accuracy as it's base increment is 1 micron or 0.0000393701" with scales on X,Y,Z and B. Thanks for the heads up Makino!

If you're trying to make us jealous...

It's working.

No scales, but my Haas does that. And yes, it moves .001mm back and forth, with no backlash, as checked with a test indicator.

Well you got me beat on spindle speed by a fair margin too.

I've never actually had a CNC mill that I'd consider inaccurate or has problems getting a decent finish. My only point bringing up the Makino deal is that I was literally the ONLY person interested in it because nobody's looking for small older HMC's. The seller did not do a good job of advertising it either. They didn't think that people would care that it had scales or that it was like brand new in every way. It took them two years to sell it and I paid about two times what scrap value would be for the 7 tons of iron.

People buy new Haas's all the time and I feel like occasionally they may not look around at what else is out there. Bang for the buck wise, capability wise, many alternatives beat Haas.

Back