What's new
What's new

Haas coolant chiller

manta

Plastic
Was curious if anyone had a haas coolant chiller on there machine, and how they like it.
Do you constantly have to mess with the manual adjustment to maintain a steady coolant temp?

Hi I have been curious about the haas coolant chiller as well. A pity that nobody share its experiences .
I’m planning to implement a coolant chiller on our CNC lath.
Actual summer temperature add to severe cutting conditions on 16 h per day basically and as a result our 175 litter of coolant gets up to 40 degree C.
I saw that The haas chiller cooldowns only 1 degree F per 10 min without specifying the volume of the tank. It means that to cool down from 40 to 20 degree C coolant I’ll need more than 6 hours. As well as the fact that I do the catalogue price of the haas coolant chiller which is around 2300 USD.

So to go from 40 degree C back to 20 degree C coolant, I’ll go to the best air-cooled chiller I can get here in China. I might need to do some modifications on it and I can choose a little bigger cooling capacity. With my calculations a chiller with 4kW cooling capacity would bring my 175 L from 40 to 20 degree C within an hour.
But admiring than 40 degree is exceptional and that I don’t need to produce aircraft part with tights tolerance i think à température of coolant between 20 to 25 would already be pretty good. So I’ll go to an air-cooled chiller with 2KW cooling capacity.

What are your thought

Back