What's new
What's new

Haas DT2 Cutting Capabilities

Chips Everywhere

Cast Iron
We are looking into adding 1-2 machines to the shop. These machines are going to be dedicated for machining 6061 aluminum. We will not use an end mill over 1/2in and no more than 5/8" in drill size.

I am deciding between getting two DT2 with HSM and an auger (10k spindle BT30 standard) or one DT2 with an auger, hsm, 15k spindle option, TSC. Both machines would use manual quick change pallet systems. I think 2-3 small pallets per machine. I think it is smarter to get 2 machines with slightly slower spindles, than 1 machine with a faster spindle, but I could be wrong.

Please excuse my ignorance on this, but can the DT2 BT30 spindle do a 0.075" DOC x 1.25" LOC with a 1/2" 3 Flute 45 deg angle cutter without pulling the tool holder out of the spindle? We mainly use Helical 3 Flute chip breaker roughers.

There was someone here recently complaining that his new DT2 couldn't make a decent surface finish, and his Minimill was doing much better. Some sort of servo jitter I think.

Yes it can.
Inside, it is mostly a 40 Hp machine.

It is much easier to make a small rigid machine than a big rigid machine.

Please excuse my ignorance on this, but can the DT2 BT30 spindle do a 0.075" DOC x 1.25" LOC with a 1/2" 3 Flute 45 deg angle cutter without pulling the tool holder out of the spindle? We mainly use Helical 3 Flute chip breaker roughers.

Back