What's new
What's new

Haas G54 added to tool length offset

dstansberry

Plastic
Hello all first post on the forums, I did some searching and didn't find what I was looking for. Today I was using a Haas mill probably a 2005ish mini mill and when I touch off a tool the started to run the tool path it was going to rapid Z into the part. After some investigation I found when I hit the "Tool length Measure" button it was adding the value that was in the G54 onto the number recorded in the height offset page. After using different Haas machines for15 years this is the first time I've ever seen this feature, so needless to say I have no idea what it is called. I'm assuming its one of he parameters that can be switched on and off, but after searching through some posts I found other people running into the same thing but I was not able to fine the parameter number that controls this feature. Would anyone know the parameter number that controls this feature?

take the numbers out of the G54 "Z" and take your offset again

I use that when I use multiple G54-G129's and some need individual adjustment for "Z"

That's what I was going to do in the mean time but I was trying to find the parameter to enable/disable so I wouldn't have to do that in the future.

Don't input a 'Z" when you set the G54, leave it "0"
I don’t want to touch off every tool each time. That’s the worst way to setup an offset table IMHO. Best is using a presetter offline and measuring the offset relative to the gage line. Then the offset goes with the tool until the tool is moved, regardless of machine or setup.

Back