What's new
What's new

HAAS greasing problem

not a machinist

Plastic
I hav e a new HAAS TM-3P mill and the right side Y axis rail gets greased at a significantly slower rate than the left rail. I need 10-15 pumps to get the grease on the right Y axis rail. Problem is that the left Y axis rail then overflows with grease all over it. The HFO for HAAS came out and ran high pressure oil thru the line but, I have the same problem. They will not come back out.

Anyone have this problem?

If you are having troubles with your hfo call Haas direct and let them know you are unhappy. Hold them to the wheel.
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is one of the reasons you buy a Haas. The customer service is an essential part of your machine purchase, especially for a new owner.

Contact the service department and let them deal with it. Squeaking wheel and such.

I hav e a new HAAS TM-3P mill and the right side Y axis rail gets greased at a significantly slower rate than the left rail. I need 10-15 pumps to get the grease on the right Y axis rail. Problem is that the left Y axis rail then overflows with grease all over it. The HFO for HAAS came out and ran high pressure oil thru the line but, I have the same problem. They will not come back out.

Anyone have this problem?

I gutted my grease lines and put zerks in direct. Takes a half hour once a month to remove the guards and grease the trucks. If you keep the lines, respond to this post and I will tell you where to buy new guides at half price and walk you through replacing them like I had to.

My old Fadal 15XT had a manifold of about 10 zerks. You just greased there where it was accessible and ran hoses to the individual locations.
You might consider that, it would save you having to take off the guards every time.

My old Fadal 15XT had a manifold of about 10 zerks. You just greased there where it was accessible and ran hoses to the individual locations.
You might consider that, it would save you having to take off the guards every time.

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty beside myself that I didn't think of that.... I could drill some holes in the sheet metal and rig something up that way individually..... when those ball trucks go out its ugly for sure

There are no kinks in the lines (that were visible to me with a mirror). It appears that others have had this problem and corrected it themselves. The HAAS reps (Phillips Corp.) have been out and flushed the lines with hydraulic oil. That did not do anything. Their position is that they "fixed" the problem, even though they did not even test their "fix" before they left. Now, they will not even address it any longer. This is a new machine under warranty.

Back