What's new
What's new

Haas helping the Russians?

Watching it all the way through... PBS is accusing Haas of supplying parts and equipment to Abamet after the Ukraine war started, before sanctions were imposed, a fact the reporting team skips over.

Haas writes (shown in the video) explicitly that they are complying with all export controls. This video doesn't address that directly and doesn't show any information that would show Haas to be wrong.

So there's no specific accusation of violating export controls, just an accusatory theme. Unfortunately, that reporting team (and perhaps PBS) has jumped on the anti-Russian bandwagon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Putin fan and am not a supporter of Russian military action in this war. I am in favor of evenhanded reporting and this video is not evenhanded.

Watching it all the way through... PBS is accusing Haas of supplying parts and equipment to Abamet after the Ukraine war started, before sanctions were imposed, a fact the reporting team skips over.

Haas writes (shown in the video) explicitly that they are complying with all export controls. This video doesn't address that directly and doesn't show any information that would show Haas to be wrong.

So there's no specific accusation of violating export controls, just an accusatory theme. Unfortunately, that reporting team (and perhaps PBS) has jumped on the anti-Russian bandwagon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Putin fan and am not a supporter of Russian military action in this war. I am in favor of evenhanded reporting and this video is not evenhanded.
Yeah, that Anti-Russian bandwagon that includes most of Europe. You know, the guys that are next if putin wins and eyes up Poland, Estonia, Moldova, Lithuania, and all those other tasty morsels that are part of his "greater Russia" fantasy. I guess tens of thousands of dead and hundreds of thousands displaced or kidnapped aren't enough for him...

There are specific accusations in the video - that Haas CONTINUED TO SHIP parts and machines worth close to $3M to its Russian distributor AFTER sanctions were put in place (from March 4th through October of 2022) [link goes to timestamp]:

Yeah, that Anti-Russian bandwagon that includes most of Europe. You know, the guys that are next if putin wins and eyes up Poland, Estonia, Moldova, Lithuania, and all those other tasty morsels that are part of his "greater Russia" fantasy. I guess tens of thousands of dead and hundreds of thousands displaced or kidnapped aren't enough for him...
i'm a ukrainian native, also far from a putin fan, but proper reporting matters.

on a lighter note: lots of great gems in the video - "extremely high precision machines" LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOL

i'm a ukrainian native, also far from a putin fan, but proper reporting matters.
What are you hearing from family? Everyone safe?

on a lighter note: lots of great gems in the video - "extremely high precision machines" LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOL
Yeah, I got a kick from that too, but in truth you don't need microns for most military goods. You need spindles, lots of them, and if Haas helped the Russian war effort after sanctions were put in place, then damn them - they have blood on their hands.

It's being talked about in a few other threads, but probably better to have a specific one for it.

Haas is on my permanent shit list. Never buying another of their machines after learning of this betrayal.
Oh man....let the layoffs begin in Oxnard!

What are you hearing from family? Everyone safe?

Yeah, I got a kick from that too, but in truth you don't need microns for most military goods. You need spindles, lots of them, and if Haas helped the Russian war effort after sanctions were put in place, then damn them - they have blood on their hands.
my distant family is in the westernmost part of the country, so about as safe as can be, thanks for the concern!

what EG said in the other thread should be taken into consideration though, if they only shipped goods they sold and were paid for prior to the sanction, then its a much more grey area IMO.

And I'm telling you to piss off, "mate". Do some searching here (as I did to pull your quote), and you'll find plenty of references to my machines.
This witty banter has been fun and quite amusing.
Will check in later regarding your experiences with Haas which no doubt could prove to be informative.

my distant family is in the westernmost part of the country, so about as safe as can be, thanks for the concern!

what EG said in the other thread should be taken into consideration though, if they only shipped goods they sold and were paid for prior to the sanction, then its a much more grey area IMO.
glad they are on the safer side.

as to "grey area" no, there is no grey area. absolutely none.

once the regime began using one of the largest militaries on the planet in an illegal full out invasion, indiscriminately killing civilians, for which there was solid evidence from early on, it is wrong, immoral, and repugnant to every decent human on the planet to ship machines that the shipper KNOWS will be used by this military to build more weapons targeting civilians.

fulfilling a contract to a known war criminal, who will use that equipment to facilitate further atrocities, is not "just business"

Back