What's new
What's new

Haas Lathe ST20 X-Axis Position Issues

Micmac1

Cast Iron
2019 ST20 2 Axis Lathe, We are having positioning issues with the lathe specifically for the boring/drill holders in tool 4 & 9. We can run for x amount of days with center of tool for example on t9 being 13.3150 & T4 center being 13.2155, then turning machine on or just coming back from lunch with machine still on and the center of those tools will be off by .015-.03 from previous center position. Z axis indicated comes in flat & // to chuck, & other tools still have same position. Thought maybe thermo comp sensor but the temp doesnt jump around so i dont think thats it. Tool blocks are in nice & tight and machine has not been crashed. Feel like we are chasing a ghost here.

Have you figured this out? I've noticed every morning on powerup I'll have to comp X by .001" (inch) on all tools. Usually just the critical ones.

Centerline of bore pockets have drifted over the year our machine has been in use. By a large amount, .02" in X and .01" in Y

yeah, a third alignment straightened it out, basically these things need a yearly or bi yearly alignment if you do any type of tight tol work in anything other than plastic or aluminum. they do not hold up to the forces involved with hard materials and over time everything drifts, even without (or with) a crash. we will be getting ours out the door sooner than later. never again.

Back