What's new
What's new

Haas shrink fit machine

dcrace

Aluminum
Anyone using the Haas shrink fit machine with the Haas or any other holders? We are looking to package one with a new machine and would like to hear any feedback available before we commit.
Thanks in advance.

Never used one but I saw cheaper options from teknic and maritool. I ended up skipping heatshrink all together and went with the new Maritool hydraulic holders. For $200 and $50 sleeves you can get a lot of holders for the cost of a shrink machine without dealing with the hassle involved either. Unless you need the reach and slim profile of shrink holders it's worth considering.

Never used one but I saw cheaper options from teknic and maritool. I ended up skipping heatshrink all together and went with the new Maritool hydraulic holders. For $200 and $50 sleeves you can get a lot of holders for the cost of a shrink machine without dealing with the hassle involved either. Unless you need the reach and slim profile of shrink holders it's worth considering.
Hydraulics are great but shrink holders have certain features that ONLY shrink holders can provide. Shrink holders have stronger grip than Hydraulics and in most cases will be much slimmer nose profile. Hydraulics do have better dampening though. I wish there was just 1 type of tool holder that covered all the bases, just does not exist.

I have one. Its an imported unit, but honestly its worked great. The holders themselves that Haas is selling are YG1 with Haas laser marking. We do less than 10 tool changes a day on ours, and its perfect for that. If you did a lot, you would want a water cooled unit.

I have the one MariTool sells. I wish I would have bought it sooner, I used a basic torch for a good 2 years, I change less than 10 tools a week but the machine is worth it.

I used to use hydraulic holders and have moved over to shrink fit. The smaller nose diameter shrink fit holders offer has been incredibly beneficial to me.

We got Haas Shrink Fit 3 weeks ago. For the price we got I would prefer Techniks. There is a shop nearby that bought Techniks in similar price with 10 holders like Haas offers. Techniks has replacement rings for each diameter that touches holder while heating which allows to heat faster. Height of the machine much shorter than Techniks. We bought machine with HSK holders but delivered machine with place rings for CAT40 and for CAT50 and it took them 2 weeks to deliver ring for HSK.
Not happy customer.

Last edited:
Have used the Haas unit. It works well. Heats up fairly quick but takes a long time to cool. Have had to cycle the cooling multiple times in some instances. The machine works very easily though, just select the size tool on the screen and whether you want to heat or cool it.

Back