What's new
What's new

HAAS ST10Y Error 9993 Spindle Brake Engaged When Tapping

TexasMachine

Aluminum
This is probably something simple that I am overlooking but I keep getting Spindle Brake Engaged Error after applying oil and starting tapping operation. I have tried m15, m19 and no luck. If I reset and start program back at that operation it works fine, then errors again on the next part. Thanks for any insight11291.jpeg

I have ran program smoothly in the past and the only thing that has changed that I can think of is HAAS recently came out and updated machine to the lastest NGC software.

I will have to get back with exact code tomorrow but it starts with a face, OD, spot drill, drill, radial live spot, radial live drill, regular drill again to clean up hole then tap. You are correct about M00 before apply oil. I believe there is also an M155 before the M00 Thanks for the help.

On your S115 line, try changing it to G97 S115 M05.

Odd your Q drill cycle works fine. Sometime if you don't switch back to G18 XZ plane it can alarm out.

Put this line after your M00 as well.

G00 G18 G40 G80 G99

Edit: This also seems like an odd error #. Have you called your machine rep and asked about it?

Thanks for the quick reply. After your recommendations I am still getting same error but I have noticed that every time I get the error the spindle spins then locks up right before alarm. After I reset and start tap again, the spindle does not move at all before correctly proceeding to tap. So whatever that spin is before the alarm seems like it needs to have allready happened before running tap for it to work correctly. I would think that is maybe a spindle orient and have already tried adding an M19 before the G84 with no success.

Attachments

• 20230915_090731.jpg
    20230915_090731.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
My Rigid Tap Repeat setting is on, I am turning it off and adding an M19 (Spindle Orient) before the G84 and see if that changes anything. (I think the M19 I mentioned adding erlier was added before the M00)

Before i removed m19 I reset, spun the spindle up forward then reset and went back to tap and this time it oriented and then tapped just fine, so now im lost again because I thought I would get the error everytime it visually oriented before attempting to tap.

Something is happening between top of program and tap that is causing error because i can reset and start at top of tap and it will run just fine but if i reset and run program to tap i get the error.

Check the current command screen just before running the tap. Then press reset and see what G or M codes default to.
Something is activated before the tap that it doesn't like.

I added an M15 at the end of the Q drill before the tap and that solved the problem. Not sure why it works there and not before G84 in tap operation but it seems fine now. I just wish I completly understood the why and hows of it. I really appreciate the help.

This NGC is something else I tell you. We have programs that work fine on classic and NGC sees something it doesn't like.

Your chuck spinning before the tapping sounds like a M154 (possibly M19) move but with your M155 it should be cancelled.

Does this program end with a M30 or M99? Could be dragging something from below if M99...

This NGC is something else I tell you. We have programs that work fine on classic and NGC sees something it doesn't like.

Your chuck spinning before the tapping sounds like a M154 (possibly M19) move but with your M155 it should be cancelled.

Does this program end with a M30 or M99? Could be dragging something from below if M99...
It ends with an M30. The M15 I added at the end of the toolpath right before the tap, fixed the error. Like I mentioned, I would just really like to understand what was or was not happening and the real root of the problem instead of me documenting this situation and the fix as me throwing random **** at the wall and eventually an M15 (made it work) instead of (this is how I fixed it and explanations of the problem and the solution). Im sure it will hit me like a bolt of lightning, when I least expect it. If it does, I will give an update on what I have figured out. Thanks

On your S115 line, try changing it to G97 S115 M05.

Odd your Q drill cycle works fine. Sometime if you don't switch back to G18 XZ plane it can alarm out.

Put this line after your M00 as well.

G00 G18 G40 G80 G99

Edit: This also seems like an odd error #. Have you called your machine rep and asked about it?
A guy I work with encountered the same problem today on the same machine. Adding the M15 like I mentioned in later posts did not fix the problem but adding what MaxPrairie mentions above DID SOLVE THE PROBLEM....
Thanks for your knowledge and time, MaxPrairie.

This BS makes no sense, we keep getting this error but solve the problem each time with a different solution but we are not even sure of the solutions having had an effect at this point. The only definite repeatable observation that I have been able to make is that it works when we turn repeat rigid tap off but we should not be losing useful features as a trade to enable tapping? Thanks for any and all insight and advice.

Back