What's new
What's new

Haas tm2 won’t boot up

hoggerdogger

Plastic
I have a 2005 tm2 that doesn’t want to boot up. This morning had a 165 alarm proximity alarm. I cleaned the sensor and went to restart the machine to see if it would zero, and now it won’t boot up.

Now when I start the control it beeps like it usually does but the screen fades to a light white colour then to a faint blue and then black. Pressing buttons on the control beep or anything.

I have had this machine for about six months but haven’t ran it a whole lot yet. It did throw an alarm for the 320v power supply one time but cleared after a restart and hasn’t have trouble since. When I open the cabinet now the power supply doesn’t have any indication lights. I’m not sure if this is normal or not.

Anyone have any ideas where to start? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks

I have a 2005 tm2 that doesn’t want to boot up. This morning had a 165 alarm proximity alarm. I cleaned the sensor and went to restart the machine to see if it would zero, and now it won’t boot up.

Now when I start the control it beeps like it usually does but the screen fades to a light white colour then to a faint blue and then black. Pressing buttons on the control beep or anything.

I have had this machine for about six months but haven’t ran it a whole lot yet. It did throw an alarm for the 320v power supply one time but cleared after a restart and hasn’t have trouble since. When I open the cabinet now the power supply doesn’t have any indication lights. I’m not sure if this is normal or not.

Anyone have any ideas where to start? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Have the batteries been replaced?

Don’t remember when the batteries went bad in the machine at work what exactly happened, but this sounds like the same thing?

I didn’t back up the parameters before hand, but with the help of the local HFO, was able to load all the parameters again, painful to say the least!

Hopefully someone else will chime in with more info………..good luck!

Kevin

No I haven’t changed the batteries. One of those I think of when I’m not around the machine and always seem to forget when I’m in the shop haha.
Unfortunately I’m in a pretty rural area so getting someone out to look could be and issue so I’m hoping I can get this figured on my own

No I haven’t changed the batteries. One of those I think of when I’m not around the machine and always seem to forget when I’m in the shop haha.
Unfortunately I’m in a pretty rural area so getting someone out to look could be and issue so I’m hoping I can get this figured on my own

I didn't have anybody come out from the HFO, it was all done over the phone......we purchased the machine new, don't know if it makes a difference on the support?

Did you backup the parameters?

Kevin

Just my own opinion, I would not advise a new owner to dig into changing or checking batteries. Especially if you don't have everything absoultly backed up.

JMHO

Just my own opinion, I would not advise a new owner to dig into changing or checking batteries. Especially if you don't have everything absoultly backed up.

JMHO

I asked if he backed up the parameters, no response yet?

The process for changing the batteries I found on this forum, fairly straight forward, they need to be checked first?

I wasn't suggesting just changing the batteries without a backup?

Kevin

Back