What's new
What's new

Haas VF-0 wrong y-axis coordinates after shut down

Artin51

Plastic
Hi everyone. Having a strange issue with our oldest Haas VF-0 . It's a brushed model from 1996. Was running fine Friday. Started fine on Monday, program started running and we noticed the y position was off. Now for the strange part....When I jog the y-axis manually after homing, it shows me -48.750 in the machine coordinate. Machine has 16in of travel in the y-axis and usually stops at -16.25in. So it's showing me exactly 3x the travel. I had a Haas tech out, replaced encoder, swapped cable, motor, amp. Same issue. No alarms. Any ideas?
Thank you in advance

A quick search turned up this, but I haven't made it to the shop yet to check​

Haas Parameter 5 – X RATIO (STEPS/UNIT)​

X RATIO (STEPS/UNIT) The number of steps of the encoder per unit of travel. Encoder steps supply four (4) times their line count per revolution. Thus, an 8192 line encoder and a 6mm pitch screw give: 8192 x 4 x 25.4 / 6 = 138718

Yes, param 5 is for the X axis and each axis has one so check your Y ratio (param 19), I would imagine x,y,z should be the same, mine are @ 138718

Last edited:
Thanks I will take a look. Haas tech seems to think it's a processor problem since we swapped the motors and encoders and are getting the same error. I will update once I get some more info.

Back