What's new
What's new

Haas VF2 will not boot up

Kito

Plastic
My Haas VF2 sometimes won't start up.
The screen remains black and no "loading" is displayed.
It hangs on the black screen and won't boot.
When that happens I have to turn the machine off and on again (and somtimes four times) before it will start up.
Does anyone know what the problem could be?

We have had the switch behind the green button go bad, sometimes pressing it harder around the edges will get it to work a few more times while you wait for a new one.

Hello kustomizer

The machine itself does turn on and you can hear the fans on the machine, but the screen remains black.​

So the green button does work.

I had that happen once, on my 2021 machine. Scared me white, as it's my only machine and I rely on it. A restart and it's been fine since, knock on wood. I put it down to momentary bad power.

The main contactor might be sticking. With all of the breakers off (no power to the machine), push it in and out a few times manually (might require a screw driver) to see if you can unstick it.

The contactor can also be pushed in manually with live breakers, and once pushed in, it should stay there and power up the machine, but one should definitely know what he/she is doing before jabbing live electrical components.

Thank you, I'll give that a try.

I will certainly be careful with jabbing live electrical components⚡

Not familiar with the later machines but if you take the back off the display panel is there a video cable from the main panel? Presumably it would be VGA or maybe HDMI? You could pull the cable and plug it into a standard monitor to see if it is just the display that is bad.

This is a known software issue. Contact your local HFO and get the latest software release. Service calls for software updates are typically on the house.

Thank you, that's what I thought as well.
And i already asked my local HFO if that would be possible.
But they couldn't confirm that.
I will have a software update performed, despite what they say.
Thank you again for your input

This is a known software issue. Contact your local HFO and get the latest software release. Service calls for software updates are typically on the house.
You'd think that, until they aren't...

Agreed, sounds software related.

The main contactor or green power button control power to everything. When those go bad, nothing turns on at all.

Back