What's new
What's new

Hamas strike on Israel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the difference is what happened during USA expansion was a long time ago and nobody is really disputing it today. And the middle east situation is happening right now, right in front of our eyes.
In the context of todays discussion, what happened in America is quite recent. The jews lost their homeland a long time ago, world powers, namely USA, Britain decided giving the jews their homeland back was a good idea, Zionism is only a little over 100 years old.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewis...722 BCE, the Assyrians,in the 6th century BCE.

Freedom Machine, in the link you sent, the quote uses the word "polytheist" not infidel. Christians, Jews and Muslims are monotheists. All infidels are not polytheists. So where does it say to kill Christians and Jews?

"30. The Jews said, “Ezra is the son of God,” and the Christians said, “The Messiah is the son of God.” These are their statements, out of their mouths. They emulate the statements of those who blasphemed before. May God assail them! How deceived they are!"

I am not 100% sure about the jews but Christians believe in the triune God. The father, son (Jesus Christ) and the Holy spirit being 3 separate but equal individuals that make up the entity of God... the Muslims consider that to be polytheism.

The link I shared also references war against the idolaters, i.e. those who worship false Gods.

Muslims do not worship the same God that we do. If you change a single thing about God, you've created your own false idol. This is key to understanding the idolatry thing.

The silencing of the protesters is full steam ahead. Lots of people getting fired and having jobs rescinded because of their views/opinions. University donors are pulling grant money because they don’t like the side some of their students are taking. They've published lists of names on social media posts whose ideas don’t jell with theirs…. legalized blacklisting.

A guy lost his job of 40yrs over a cartoon characterization. They called the protest in Dearborn and Washington antisemitic because they stand with the Palestinian people, not Hamas. The list goes on and on.

24hrs after a bomb hit that hospital, the POTUS is saying it wasn’t an Israeli bomb.

It’s a damn shame but nonetheless amazing how deep the Israeli lobby is to make a sitting US President jump on a plane and use him as a mouthpiece.

Sure, I'll check it out thanks.
Wanna trade?
If you have an audible account, I think I can send it to you for free.

For sure, we are all free to believe what we want; I'm just asking questions. How else would I know if I am wrong?

So, if the standards of morality that we use to establish our society are continuously evolving; what comparison can we use to ensure that we are not developing harmful standards of regression?

If morality is entirely built by man, this would mean that it must be taught to each and every child, right? So, if a child were never taught morality; how would they know that theft, murder, lying or bearing false witness is wrong?

Would the child still feel wronged or get upset if someone stole their toy? Or falsely accused them of something they did not do? If so, why?

These are not gotcha questions. I'm only asking because I do not understand how you solve for these problems.

If morality is taught, then we all begin life as complete savages - knowing absolutely nothing of right or wrong to any degree whatsoever.

If upon birth, we do know even a single act of right vs wrong; then moral law is printed upon our hearts and therefore cannot be subjective.
i'll check it out thanks!

wouldnt that be the same for morals taught by religion? nobody is born knowing them, they are TAUGHT. so its a matter of what we're teaching right?

They kill plenty of their own for the same reasons.

Nope, no sir. That is bordering on Gnosticism, it is no good for anyone. If you need to rely on someone with ordained spiritual abilities in order to decipher the meaning of scripture, run; because you're in a cult.
see, i dont think ANYONE should need to decipher anything to use it as a basis for living their life. thats just BEGGING for wild misinterpretations. this is why i'm a big fan of what ayn rand offers. the gist of it is that life itself is a moral compass. all living things in the universe exist to continue/propagate life. therefore anything that aids that is moral, anything that takes away from it isnt. i'm absolutely doing a horrible job explaining it as its been a minute since i've read it, but thats the gist of it, boiled down to the bare essence.

The silencing of the protesters is full steam ahead. Lots of people getting fired and having jobs rescinded because of their views/opinions. University donors are pulling grant money because they don’t like the side some of their students are taking. They've published lists of names on social media posts whose ideas don’t jell with theirs…. legalized blacklisting.

A guy lost his job of 40yrs over a cartoon characterization. They called the protest in Dearborn and Washington antisemitic because they stand with the Palestinian people, not Hamas. The list goes on and on.

24hrs after a bomb hit that hospital, the POTUS is saying it wasn’t an Israeli bomb.

It’s a damn shame but nonetheless amazing how deep the Israeli lobby is to make a sitting US President jump on a plane and use him as a mouthpiece.
The images I saw of the aftermath do not look like the work of a conventional explosive- the cars were still intact. Burned and missing glass? Yes. Blown the fuck up? Hardly.

Because it wasn't. It was a rocket from Islamist Jihad, another terrorist organization alongside Hamas.

But that isn't even the best part.

The best part is that the hospital wasn't even blown up. The rocket hit the parking lot.

Because it wasn't. It was a rocket from Islamist Jihad, another terrorist organization alongside Hamas.

But that isn't even the best part.

The best part is that the hospital wasn't even blown up. The rocket hit the parking lot.
You agree with Alex Jones on this I guess? Could be true, jury is still out.

@Rob F.

Do you actually care about Palestinians or do you simply dislike Israel?

You've clearly been the most vocal person in this thread. I'd like to know if you actually care, if you're virtue signaling, or you just like to debate for the sake of debate.

I mentioned repeatedly that I'm not altruistic. I don't really care what happens there. If everyone here is honest, most would likely make the same admission.

But I do care that this conflict doesn't escalate into a full blown war that could, at best, cause oil prices to skyrocket resulting in a worldwide economic collapse, or at worst, turn into WW3.

The two ways this happens are (a) Israel keeps doing what it's doing and eradicates Hamas, while the US flexes its muscle to prevent Iran from getting involved, or (b) Hamas releases all 200+ hostages without negotiation and international pressure forces Israel to back down.

Criticizing Israel doesn't help facilitate either of these scenarios.
Thanks for asking?
I do not being lied to, If the government is lying and pushing the media to say the same lies they tell are true the I take exception to that. I do not care what the story is as long as they tell us the truth about what is going on. This has not been done for a long time. If israel is part of the problem and is lying about virtually everything they are doing, (USS Liberty is just one tiny example) Then they no longer get the benefit of the doubt that what they say is true. More like what you say is a lie until proven true. Same goes for ukraine, same goes for south africa, ruwanda, etc, etc. Same especially goes for USA, with its ABC, CBS,CNN, FOX, NBC ,PBS & etc mouth pieces. I have no love for ANY of the above and many more not mentioned. Tell us the truth& rip of the band aid, Otherwise f--k off and die.

Last edited:
i'll check it out thanks!

wouldnt that be the same for morals taught by religion? nobody is born knowing them, they are TAUGHT. so its a matter of what we're teaching right?

Yes... if they are taught.

However, I believe that we are born with a pre-programmed, fundimental conscience in the image of our creator.

all living things in the universe exist to continue/propagate life. therefore anything that aids that is moral, anything that takes away from it isnt.

Yes! I do not believe it is all inclusive; however, this is definitely a prerequisite for anything moral, good or virtuous.

Yes... if they are taught.

However, I believe that we are born with a pre-programmed, fundimental conscience in the image of our creator.

Yes! I do not believe it is all inclusive; however, this is definitely a prerequisite for anything moral, good or virtuous.
would love to hear more of your thoughts on this, but probably not in this thread. not sure if such a topic would be a good idea to start a new thread on...

would love to hear more of your thoughts on this, but probably not in this thread. not sure if such a topic would be a good idea to start a new thread on...
Would be a great thing to take to private messages, not appropriate for this forum.

Or better yet, take a drive, meet up and grab a beer.

Weekend at Bernies.

I mean, what are our options?
is this a joke? WE, as people, have lots of options, unfortunately due to how corrupt the election process is, we get stuck with the candidates the status quo presents us.
but tons of great options, Vivek, Tulsi, RFK, to name a few.

Weekend at Bernies.

I mean, what are our options?
Like it or not, Trump is the best candidate out there. He has the support and a track record of peace. He's mired in controversy but still adored by many many Americans. Some say Trump voters are ignorant fools, but the ones saying that likely voted for Biden. The political party of the working man voted for an old, white, life-long bureaucrat with no accomplishments of real merit showing signs of cognitive decline. Fuckin sweet choice.

is this a joke? WE, as people, have lots of options, unfortunately due to how corrupt the election process is, we get stuck with the candidates the status quo presents us.
but tons of great options, Vivek, Tulsi, RFK, to name a few.
Vivek is who I'd like to see. Dude is wicked smart, absolutely based and he wants to majorly reduce the size of the government. That's a pile of wins in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back