What's new
What's new

Hamas strike on Israel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WASHINGTON—Upon returning from his brief diplomatic trip to the Middle East, President Joe Biden urged the nation Thursday not to let dangerous online rhetoric humanize Palestinians. “As the war between Israel and Hamas rages on, I urge my fellow Americans to remain vigilant, and not fall for any false propaganda that claims people living in Gaza and the West Bank are worthy of human life,” said the 46th president, adding that since the war had begun, U.S. intelligence had discovered countless bad actors flooding the internet with reports that many Palestinians were mothers, fathers, and children who were not terrorists and did not deserve to be trapped without food, water, or fuel while being carpet-bombed into submission. “If you hear a Palestinian being described with terminology like ‘son,’ ‘daughter,’ or ‘in desperate need of medical attention,’ then you should be aware that what you are reading has been specifically designed to stoke empathy.” At press time, Biden added that Americans should also avoid dangerous propaganda that wrongly asserts the billions of dollars in military aid the United States has sent to Israel could be spent on things like healthcare, education, or alleviating poverty at home.

Satire from here: https://www.theonion.com/biden-urges-americans-not-to-let-dangerous-online-rheto-1850941897

We left gaza 17 years ago
Read history
Gaza never left us
You left Gaza in spirit only. In practice you’re still their jailers. You just turned it into a massive open air prison were people can‘t come and go freely. In every outdoor interview I’ve heard from Gaza you can hear the buzzing of the omnipresent surveillance drones.
There’ll never be peace in the Middle East until Israel owns up to the facts.

Regards Tyrone

I’d start by saying that peace in the Middle East is disrupted by far more than the existence of the Israeli state.
The Israelis admitting past and current errors would be a start though.
Todays BBC headline - “ West Bank Palestinians Hit By Surge Of Israeli Settler Attacks “.

The “ settlers “ kill with impunity and the Israeli police and army either take part in the killings or look the other way. The Israelis have abandoned the rule of law in regard to Palestinians.

Once that happens you’re on a very slippery slope

Regards Tyrone

I agree- I am of course just a observer who hasn’t even taken the time time become expert on the issues but..
It appears certain that Israeli police tactics have fallen down that slippery slope in their use of force.
Years and years ago the “shoulder shake” interrogation method caught my attention.
When you are torturing suspects…

But again….
In balance they got here by a necessary defense.
I did lots of reading years ago on the state question.
I forget most of it now but I guess it’s time to review it all again so as to have an informed stance so far as possible.

I guess a cursory look at the long history is a start.
Then much more from say the Balfour Declaration forward.
Really a look at the precursors to the Balfour Declaration is needed…

Edit- on how “they got here”.
There is perhaps no more fraught issue in modern and ancient politics than the issue of Jewish persecution.
It can’t be ignored.
The accommodations made by the League of Nations and subsequently, by the United Nations has to be viewed in this light, even given how disastrous those accommodations have turned out to be.

And again a plug for the book recommendation above.
Really a decent review of the relevant history is presented here.
I have it on kindle and I will read it again.

IMG_1639.jpeg

Last edited:
You left Gaza in spirit only. In practice you’re still their jailers. You just turned it into a massive open air prison were people can‘t come and go freely. In every outdoor interview I’ve heard from Gaza you can hear the buzzing of the omnipresent surveillance drones.
There’ll never be peace in the Middle East until Israel owns up to the facts.

Regards Tyrone
How are we the jailers?

Gaza has border with Egypt, it has 40 km of Mediterranean sea access
Right until two weeks ago We used to supply them electricity, water, work permits in Israel and a lot more than every arab country here gives them.

Hamas prefer to use most of their funds to kill us than to help their people live in a land worth living in.

We took all of our citizens and soldiers out of gaza so they could not blame us any more for their shitty situation

So now rockets that used to reach 4 km 17 years ago are hitting 150 km.

So you blame us for trying to control how much rockets hit our cities?

Imagine people of Liverpool blaming you for their poor situation while bombing you for 17 years than one holiday morning slaughter thousands of Manchester families isis style

The Israelis admitting past and current errors would be a start though.
Todays BBC headline - “ West Bank Palestinians Hit By Surge Of Israeli Settler Attacks “.

The “ settlers “ kill with impunity and the Israeli police and army either take part in the killings or look the other way. The Israelis have abandoned the rule of law in regard to Palestinians.

Once that happens you’re on a very slippery slope

Regards Tyrone
This is true like the hospital bombing was true

Why does Israel not have the equivalent of the United State's 2nd Amendment to the Constitution, guaranteeing the citizenry the right to own and bear arms?

It's great all Israeli young men have to serve two years in the service. But as a society, until you get every 16+ Israeli trained and armed with a firearm, you're just setting ducks. Bomb shelters don't save people in an attack like that, bullets do.

This is also taken care of only now
Emergency regulations just changed the process of getting a personal gun
So everyone that was in military service can have one, which is the majority of us.

And also hundreds of local emergency protection teams were formed inside our kibbutzs, moshaves and cities

All from ex army fighters, armed with new M4 rifles.

By the way, this M4 version is proudly made in Israel

.You can bet your boots that much of the money sent to an Isis country is used to fund training camps where children are taught to kill the enemies, and we are the enemies.
Likely one goes higher in rank when they kill somebody, higher rank for chopping off and enemy’s head, credits for throwing someone off a high roof.
End product a talented fighter who has no qualms about killing.
I suspect many are infavor of having a jIhad war so they can go to LaLa land.
We are funding out own destruction.

Last edited:
I saw these 2 tidbits posted eleswhere, people living near the border to between Lebanon and israel might have grounds for concern:

---"Megatron
@Megatron_ron
14h
BREAKING:

Iran has warned its citizens to leave Lebanon within 24 hours

After a whole list of countries that called their citizens to leave Lebanon, Iran also did.

This means that the chances are high that Israel will still invade Lebanon and deal with Hezbollah instead of Gaza.

Hezbollah is the real threat to the Zionists and far greater than Gaza and Hamas. Well, the chances are high that the Zionists have made a decision to go "all in" on Hezbollah and settle on Lebanese territory.

While the US will help keep Gaza under siege without electricity, water, food and normal living conditions for children and civilians."

and this one is related:

---"@AryJeay
🛑 Israeli media: Settlers of Margaliot, Manara, Yiftah, and Misgav were asked to enter protected areas."

Can mr. uria shed some light on the truth to these statements?

“While the US will help keep Gaza under siege without electricity, water, food and normal living conditions for children and civilians."

That is a patent distortion.

The US is serving as a moderating input.
Petitioning Israel to ease the most strident restrictions and provide required water electricity and other basic needs to the Gaza Strip.

Statement (among others on this), by President Biden:

“The people of Gaza need food, water, medicine, shelter.”

“The United States unequivocally stands for the protection of civilian life during conflict, and I grieve — I truly grieve for the families who were killed or wounded by this tragedy.”

“Today, I asked the Israeli cabinet — who I met with for some time this morning — to agree to the delivery of lifesaving humanitarian assistance to civilians in Gaza. Based on the understanding that there will be inspections and that the aid should go to civilians, not to Hamas, Israel agreed that humanitarian assistance can begin to move from Egypt to Gaza.”

Last edited:
I saw these 2 tidbits posted eleswhere, people living near the border to between Lebanon and israel might have grounds for concern:

---"Megatron
@Megatron_ron
14h
BREAKING:

Iran has warned its citizens to leave Lebanon within 24 hours

After a whole list of countries that called their citizens to leave Lebanon, Iran also did.

This means that the chances are high that Israel will still invade Lebanon and deal with Hezbollah instead of Gaza.

Hezbollah is the real threat to the Zionists and far greater than Gaza and Hamas. Well, the chances are high that the Zionists have made a decision to go "all in" on Hezbollah and settle on Lebanese territory.

While the US will help keep Gaza under siege without electricity, water, food and normal living conditions for children and civilians."

and this one is related:

---"@AryJeay
🛑 Israeli media: Settlers of Margaliot, Manara, Yiftah, and Misgav were asked to enter protected areas."

Can mr. uria shed some light on the truth to these statements?
All is true except for the thing about us want to settle in lebanon.
you can ask every person in Israel including our leaders and radicals to understand the truth

We left Lebanon more than 20 years ago for the same reasons we left gaza

But still they keep bombing us

In the last week we had roughly 50 rockets falling on citizens up north

How are we the jailers?

Gaza has border with Egypt, it has 40 km of Mediterranean sea access
Right until two weeks ago We used to supply them electricity, water, work permits in Israel and a lot more than every arab country here gives them.

Hamas prefer to use most of their funds to kill us than to help their people live in a land worth living in.

We took all of our citizens and soldiers out of gaza so they could not blame us any more for their shitty situation

So now rockets that used to reach 4 km 17 years ago are hitting 150 km.

So you blame us for trying to control how much rockets hit our cities?

Imagine people of Liverpool blaming you for their poor situation while bombing you for 17 years than one holiday morning slaughter thousands of Manchester families isis style
“ According to the UN’s humanitarian office, the week that followed Hamas’s murderous attack was the deadliest for Palestinians in the West Bank since it began reporting fatalities in 2005, with at least 75 Palestinians killed by Israeli military or settlers, and incidents of settler violence up from an average of three a day to eight.
In one raid on a Palestinian refugee camp, and a rare air strike in the region, on Thursday 12th, Israeli forces killed at least 12 people, Palestinian officials said and Israeli police said one officer was killed. “

Regards Tyrone

It is likely that it might be/have been difficult to resist, complain or ridicule Isis and the like being a young man in Gaza. They often wear a mask so nobody knows who they are. I am surprised they made that raid on Israel with not wearing masks. dont forget the came to kill and kidnap people.

Tough guys with guns killing unarmed men women and children, sure seems wrong.

We should not favor bringing them to the USA IMHO.

Last edited:
Tyrone Shoelaces said:
In one raid on a Palestinian refugee camp, and a rare air strike in the region, on Thursday 12th, Israeli forces killed at least 12 people, Palestinian officials said
You'll excuse me for not believing either of them.
January 27 2023
Israeli forces killed nine Palestinians and wounded several others in the West Bank city of Jenin on Thursday, the Palestinian Ministry of Health said, prompting the Palestinian Authority to suspend its security coordination with Israel.

That is more reason to but-out of this, both are after each other , nobody wins.
Divide Israel 50 50 and they would still fight.
Give money to buy more guns?

Last edited:
“ According to the UN’s humanitarian office, the week that followed Hamas’s murderous attack was the deadliest for Palestinians in the West Bank since it began reporting fatalities in 2005, with at least 75 Palestinians killed by Israeli military or settlers, and incidents of settler violence up from an average of three a day to eight.
In one raid on a Palestinian refugee camp, and a rare air strike in the region, on Thursday 12th, Israeli forces killed at least 12 people, Palestinian officials said and Israeli police said one officer was killed. “

Regards Tyrone
And who exactly were these Palestinians?

Probably guys with AK-47s.

There is a point made.

There is no HAMAS in the west bank (officially) Yet something near 3700 Palestinians have been killed by Israelis. Hmmmm....

That can't be good.
Hamas isn't the only terror organization in the region, and there's no unwritten rule among Jihadists that one needs to be part of a well known organization to pick up an AK and fire at Israelis.

The point made was pure BS and capitalizes on the ignorance of westerners when it comes to the history and current events of the middle east. That particular comedian strategically used facetious humor to duck difficult questions and steer the listener towards his viewpoint. That's fine in a comedy setting but is pure manipulation here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back