What's new
What's new

Hamas strike on Israel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems pretty clear cut...
Incidents and fatalities from Islamic terrorism have been concentrated in eight Muslim-majority countries (Afghanistan, Egypt, Iraq, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, and Syria),[4] while four Islamic extremist groups (Islamic State, Boko Haram, the Taliban, and al-Qaeda) were responsible for 74% of all deaths from terrorism in 2015.[5][6] The annual number of fatalities from terrorist attacks grew sharply from 2011 to 2014 when it reached a peak of 33,438, before declining to 13,826 in 2019.[7]
I think the USA is funding a lot of the problem.
I dont see Iran in the list.

Hamas isn't the only terror organization in the region, and there's no unwritten rule among Jihadists that one needs to be part of a well known organization to pick up an AK and fire at Israelis.

The point made was pure BS and capitalizes on the ignorance of westerners when it comes to the history and current events of the middle east. That particular comedian strategically used facetious humor to duck difficult questions and steer the listener towards his viewpoint. That's fine in a comedy setting but is pure manipulation here.
so what makes you not an ignorant westerner?

so what makes you not an ignorant westerner?
Nothing, actually.

I want to clarify that I'm not saying anybody who disagrees with me is wrong, and that's why they're ignorant. I may be just as ignorant. We weren't taught this stuff in school.

When I first saw the Piers Morgan interview with that comedian, my immediate reaction was that he made a good point about the West Bank. Then I dug a bit deeper.

Last edited:
I suspect there was an alert but it went unheeded/ignored.

There absolutely was. I read an article about it. The military intelligence had some early chatter about something happening that night but they underestimated what it was going to be and only sent a small unit to keep an eye on things. They were completely overwhelmed by what actually happened. The intelligence chief had apparently called and discussed his intel with some higher-ups and they figured it was just more of the same 'ole same 'ole, and nothing unusual. So the preemptive response and deployment was minimal. Link below:

You left Gaza in spirit only. In practice you’re still their jailers. You just turned it into a massive open air prison were people can‘t come and go freely. In every outdoor interview I’ve heard from Gaza you can hear the buzzing of the omnipresent surveillance drones.
There’ll never be peace in the Middle East until Israel owns up to the facts.

Regards Tyrone
Tyrone, at least its an open air prison. Most civilised socities keep homocidal manics in a solatary cell! Maybe the stench in the air they have created has screwed with their minds.
I have lost any empathy (never had much) for the Palistinian people of Gaza. Any person that teaches their children from birth to hate and kill other people and that to become a martyr for the cause is a POS. So generation after generation, same old song, failure after failure , they will never learn. Wonder why none of their neighbors want them in their country? The Irainians use them sacrificial lambs, every dead one is just another martyr for the great propaganda pie.
After all the aid to them over the years and they have just gotten worse, shows that appeasement never works.
To bad all that aid couldn't have gone to the so many destitute people in the world that would have really bettered their lives.
All they have to do is stop the fighting. And I am sick and tired of the narrative that it's only a few bad actors the rest are all innocent bystanders; they are ALL guilty. Change will only come when they want it; not because any one has a bleeding heart for them.

One thing that would help the situation is some self-policing in Gaza. If the average Palestinian really does not approve of Hamas, they should make an effort to put a stop to their antics and terrorism. If I knew of domestic terrorists here, I sure as hell wouldn't stand idly by. They would be in a pretty strong negotiating position to get independence if they put Hamas completely out of commission on their own. I agree with the above post though. The fact that they have never even made an effort to do this speaks volumes.

QT: (if they put Hamas completely out of commission on their own.0
They voted the bad guys in, likely not allowed to vote them out.
I think Hamas has the clout there and anyone prosting differently woul be short to live.

Like trying to tell the Nazi or Kim jong un how to run things.

QT: (if they put Hamas completely out of commission on their own.0
They voted the bad guys in, likely not allowed to vote them out.
I think Hamas has the clout there and anyone prosting differently woul be short to live.

Like trying to tell the Nazi or Kim jong un how to run things.

Sometimes doing the right thing requires a little blood and sacrifice. Keeping on with what they've *been* doing is not going to be pretty either... And it likely means that they will continue to have zero self-determination. It's like I tell my kids: if you have a problem, ask for help. Israel, Qatar, US, any of these and maybe others would probably step in to root out Hamas if the Palestinians actually wanted them removed.

Hamas basically uses the civilian population as human shields by hiding amongst them. Shields do get hit in battle when Hamas is targeted, there's no avoiding it. Israel aims at military targets but causes some collateral damage to civilians. That's different than Hamas, who seem to aim expressly at civilians.

Last edited:
Sometimes doing the right thing requires a little blood and sacrifice. Keeping on with what they've *been* doing is not going to be pretty either... And it likely means that they will continue to have zero self-determination. It's like I tell my kids: if you have a problem, ask for help. Israel, Qatar, US, any of these and maybe others would probably step in to root out Hamas if the Palestinians actually wanted them removed.

Hamas basically uses the civilian population as human shields by hiding amongst them. Shields do get hit in battle when Hamas is targeted, there's no avoiding it. Israel aims at military targets but causes some collateral damage to civilians. That's different than Hamas, who seem to aim expressly at civilians.
250 plus IDF soldiers were killed on that Saturday, it wasn’t just civilians.

Regards Tyrone

Last edited:
I'm afraid that Israel has been repeating the Warsaw Ghetto, but from the other side. Now they are re-enacting the other side's response to the Ghetto uprising.

Stop feeding these people with military goods and sanction them until they stop the behaviour that has caused 75 years of resistance to their abuses.
What and lose all those votes ? No US President would ever do that.

Regards Tyrone

There absolutely was. I read an article about it. The military intelligence had some early chatter about something happening that night but they underestimated what it was going to be and only sent a small unit to keep an eye on things. They were completely overwhelmed by what actually happened. The intelligence chief had apparently called and discussed his intel with some higher-ups and they figured it was just more of the same 'ole same 'ole, and nothing unusual. So the preemptive response and deployment was minimal. Link below:

no i'm talking about as the borders were being breeched, there were no alarms going off until Hamas was well inside israel.

Tyrone, at least its an open air prison. Most civilised socities keep homocidal manics in a solatary cell! Maybe the stench in the air they have created has screwed with their minds.
I have lost any empathy (never had much) for the Palistinian people of Gaza. Any person that teaches their children from birth to hate and kill other people and that to become a martyr for the cause is a POS. So generation after generation, same old song, failure after failure , they will never learn. Wonder why none of their neighbors want them in their country? The Irainians use them sacrificial lambs, every dead one is just another martyr for the great propaganda pie.
After all the aid to them over the years and they have just gotten worse, shows that appeasement never works.
To bad all that aid couldn't have gone to the so many destitute people in the world that would have really bettered their lives.
All they have to do is stop the fighting. And I am sick and tired of the narrative that it's only a few bad actors the rest are all innocent bystanders; they are ALL guilty. Change will only come when they want it; not because any one has a bleeding heart for them.
i'm not condoning what hamas is/was doing at all. however - if you, your family and your entire people have been herded like cows for generations, you might start thinking along those lines.

hold up, so blood and sacrifice is 'ok' according to you when done for the right thing, right?

then can we agree that the 'right thing' might be different for different people? might it be that they truly believe they're doing the 'right thing' trying to get the land their families have lived on for generations - back?

Strict Sharia law is what I am referring to, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran and Gaza are that way.

A good chance many men there like the traditions of that law and are willing to defend it. or are intimidated to support I In Its strict style, killing non-Muslims is a rule. The only way one knows who is a supporter (killer) is when he has on his mask, and is holding has gun.
Egypt has sharia law but not the strict verity, that is one reason Egypt does want to welcome the Gaza people.
In early America white man rules and first nation rule clashed, so one or the other had to change or there would be conflict. Nowadays first nation people can keep many of their triditions.
I am not defending the bad stuff Gaza radicals do in any way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back