What's new
What's new

Hardinge Conquest 42 w/ 0T controller - Turret ZRN

H_daug

Plastic
I have a Hardinge Conquest CS-42 that recently got the parameters wiped out. we got the parameters back into the machine, however the turret wont index, and we get a "turret ZRN" alarm.

following the instructions in the manual, we cant seem to get this resolved. There are 2 switches, (#1) parallel to the Z-axis, and (#2) oriented to the X-axis, but pointed straight down. (#1) seems it should be there to monitor turret clamp/unclamp, and (#2) is there to indicate the turret is in position for station 1 on the turret.

My question: Am I correct about the function of proximity (#1), and should i see it make when the turret is clamped, and un-make when the turret is unclamped? This proximity stays lit in both conditions, so I suspect I have an issue with this switch that is preventing me from completing the "Turret Zero Return" process.

I believe that you are correct, although I have never seen the exact alarm that you mention.

Could be a small sliver of metal on the prox as well. Try wiping it off first.
Prox's die, but at the same time of a param re-load?
Stranger things have happened, but ....

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

You are correct about the function of the switches. Instead of looking at the status of the LED on the switch, I would find the diagnostic bit associated with this switch and check that. The LEDs can lie to you.

You could loosen the bracket bolts and just swing the bracket a little further away to see if it is just an adjustment issue...
That would be the quickest thing to doo from the point that you are at currently.

-----------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Update: I pulled the prox out, and sure enough, its stuck on. changed it out and was able to follow the Hardinge procedure to ZRN the turret.

It seems the stuck on prox had the controller thinking the turret never unclamped.

Now, im getting a "PSO85" alarm when I try to load a program. Now I go digging to find out what that means. Anyone happen to know that one?

The communication settings on the lathe probably do not match those on your PC. Check baud rate, stop bits, etc.

IDK that alarm, but since you mention "when you go to loada prog" I am guessing that it is a comm issue?

Yes - if the prox never goes out, it will ass_u_me that the top plate has not lifted, and thus - not turn.

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Update: I pulled the prox out, and sure enough, its stuck on. changed it out and was able to follow the Hardinge procedure to ZRN the turret.

It seems the stuck on prox had the controller thinking the turret never unclamped.

Now, im getting a "PSO85" alarm when I try to load a program. Now I go digging to find out what that means. Anyone happen to know that one?

So, coincidences doo happen?

I find it amazing every time that I fix something on a machine that is an obvious catastrophic failure (machine could not run once this happened) only to find one, and even two more catastrophic failures yet before it will run!

While I am getting more used to seeing this and a little less shocked each time, I still have yet to understand how this phenomenon comes to happen?

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I have a Hardinge Conquest CS-42 that recently got the parameters wiped out. we got the parameters back into the machine, however the turret wont index, and we get a "turret ZRN" alarm.

following the instructions in the manual, we cant seem to get this resolved. There are 2 switches, (#1) parallel to the Z-axis, and (#2) oriented to the X-axis, but pointed straight down. (#1) seems it should be there to monitor turret clamp/unclamp, and (#2) is there to indicate the turret is in position for station 1 on the turret.

My question: Am I correct about the function of proximity (#1), and should i see it make when the turret is clamped, and un-make when the turret is unclamped? This proximity stays lit in both conditions, so I suspect I have an issue with this switch that is preventing me from completing the "Turret Zero Return" process.
hi i lost my parameters on my conquest 42 as well and of course no back ups
would you be willing to share your back up files i would really appreciate it
thank you
phil
PRECIKAM.COM

Phil. My apologies. I just saw your question. I can share my parameters with you if you still need them. Please let me know

Back