What's new
What's new

Harig 612 Help

seanyaw

Plastic
Hi, this is my first time posting here. I am quite new to the machinery world, so please forgive the dumb questions. I just got a Harig 612 off Craigslist and am starting the process of getting it set up. I was expecting it to be 3 phase, but my novice reading of the motor plate suggests it is single phase that can be wired as 115V or 230V. I have not been able to find any references to single phase Harigs. Am I reading this correctly? Has anyone heard of Harig making single phase 612's? I think that the serial number is 2547 (number on the rim of the table). If this seems abnormal, does it suggest that someone swapped the motor at some point in its life? Last question: How would I find documentation on how to wire it for 230V vs 115V? Thank you very much for your time and sorry again if these questions display too much of my ignorance.
80EB9864-4310-4AD7-A2C8-764E5BA8186F_1_105_c.jpeg
EC95B509-7FA6-444F-9956-A11EC1444B5D_1_105_c.jpeg
22CA1625-B672-4FBB-B9E7-A1A7F32E30AD_1_105_c.jpeg

Not sure if they ever did sell those grinders with a single phase motor or not. Clearly it has one on there, so it was either sold that way or someone swapped one on. Run it. Doerr is a good motor, so no worries there.

Wiring diagrams for dual voltage motors will almost always be inside the electrical junction box on the motor, as is noted on the info plate of yours at the lower right.

The junction box doesn't have its cover, which is where I am guessing the diagram was. I'll look at it closer the next couple days and see if the wiring is intuitive. Thank you!

It looks like you will be wanting to wire it for 230 as Bozeman sits pretty high eh?
I'm used to adjusting clutches and jetting for Cooke City or Lincoln, but I've never heard about needing to adjust the voltage on my grinder for such.

???

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Hi, this is my first time posting here. I am quite new to the machinery world, so please forgive the dumb questions. I just got a Harig 612 off Craigslist and am starting the process of getting it set up. I was expecting it to be 3 phase, but my novice reading of the motor plate suggests it is single phase that can be wired as 115V or 230V. I have not been able to find any references to single phase Harigs. Am I reading this correctly? Has anyone heard of Harig making single phase 612's? I think that the serial number is 2547 (number on the rim of the table). If this seems abnormal, does it suggest that someone swapped the motor at some point in its life? Last question: How would I find documentation on how to wire it for 230V vs 115V? Thank you very much for your time and sorry again if these questions display too much of my ignorance.
View attachment 367413
View attachment 367414
View attachment 367415
Hi, this is my first time posting here. I am quite new to the machinery world, so please forgive the dumb questions. I just got a Harig 612 off Craigslist and am starting the process of getting it set up. I was expecting it to be 3 phase, but my novice reading of the motor plate suggests it is single phase that can be wired as 115V or 230V. I have not been able to find any references to single phase Harigs. Am
View attachment 367413
View attachment 367414
View attachment 367415

I reading this correctly? Has anyone heard of Harig making single phase 612's? I think that the serial number is 2547 (number on the rim of the table). If this seems abnormal, does it suggest that someone swapped the motor at some point in its life? Last question: How would I find documentation on how to wire it for 230V vs 115V? Thank you very much for your time and sorry again if these questions display too much of my ignorance.
View attachment 367413
View attachment 367414
View attachment 367415
Sorry I saw this post so late ,I have the same motor (duel voltage) on my super 612.
for 115v the wires connect 4,3,8 and black (from plug) together and 2,1,5 and white from plug) together runs just fine on 115v
if anyone has a Harig external motor fan they want to sell ,let me know ,my 612 has a super quiet ,spindle but the fan sounds like a jet engine .
it just takes the fun out of grinding

You have a fan on your Harig?

I have a Pope spindle on mine, and no fan.

------------------

Think Snow Eh
Ox

no ,its just a Harig 3 bearing spindle ,don't know much about it,bought it sight unseen for 630 bucks ,too my surprise it looks ,runs ,grinds like it just came out of shipping crate.
I originally bought for resale....but i'm keeping this gem.today.jpg

Reactions: Ox

Back