What's new
What's new

Has anyone tried the Tormach AF50 automatic bandsaw?

F35Machinist

Cast Iron
I am looking to get a compact automatic bandsaw and saw the AF50 from Tormach. Has anyone bought this thing? Does it work as advertised? Are there any unexpected problems?

I would buy a better brand, but size is my limiting factor. Tormach seems to be the only game in town for a compact automatic bandsaw.

I got one a little over 2 years ago for the same reasons and love it. Yeah it's cheap and comes as an assembled kit that needs to be gone through, and there are issues that need to be fixed, but it does what it is supposed to do, holds +/-.005" ish, and fits where I needed it to go. Here is the first video review I did and there is 1 more and a fixed stuff one too.

I got one a little over 2 years ago for the same reasons and love it. Yeah it's cheap and comes as an assembled kit that needs to be gone through, and there are issues that need to be fixed, but it does what it is supposed to do, holds +/-.005" ish, and fits where I needed it to go. Here is the first video review I did and there is 1 more and a fixed stuff one too.

Thank you for the review. This is what I was looking for.

The previous discussion about them:

Back