What's new
What's new

Having Issues with VF2 - Not cutting properly!

Yes, that is a finishing contour pass - hence the panic with the issues. I have been having problems with the tool holders going into the spindle correctly recently which has been getting progressively worse - initially, I thought it may be a drawbar issue not pulling the tool holder in enough - when the machine does a tool change it often throws up 'ALARM - TOOL UNCLAMPED'

We have only been machining for 18 months - I have tried to learn the ins and outs of the machine over that time to varying degrees of success but I think I will need an engineer out for this one.
P.s issues are only with sidewalls - the pocket floor is dead flat - seemingly no problem there.

Thank you to everyone for your help - problem solved - nut on the Y axis ball screw had come undone completely and fallen off!! Back on now and perfect circles again Cleaned out the housing whilst I was at it too - probably the cheapest repair to date :D

Attachments

• E763AE95-7264-45F2-87D5-6472B61B10D9[4792].JPG
    E763AE95-7264-45F2-87D5-6472B61B10D9[4792].JPG
    295.3 KB · Views: 49
For one thing it looks like your spindle has lost its bearing pre-load.
Almost every Haas Ive ever seen makes parts with a terrible floor finish. The only exception was a brand new demo on a showroom floor.

When someone shows me a sample part that looks like that, I always ask "was this made on a Haas?".

Thank you to everyone for your help - problem solved - nut on the Y axis ball screw had come undone completely and fallen off!! Back on now and perfect circles again Cleaned out the housing whilst I was at it too - probably the cheapest repair to date :D
Excuse my language but how the fuck does a y axis ball nut fall off. Haas makes cheap Chinese machines look like a Kern.

Almost every Haas Ive ever seen makes parts with a terrible floor finish. The only exception was a brand new demo on a showroom floor.

When someone shows me a sample part that looks like that, I always ask "was this made on a Haas?".
We had some VM3's that would leave a great floor finish, but the vf3's not so much. You could literally tell which machine they ran on from the floor finish lol.

Yes, that is a finishing contour pass - hence the panic with the issues. I have been having problems with the tool holders going into the spindle correctly recently which has been getting progressively worse - initially, I thought it may be a drawbar issue not pulling the tool holder in enough - when the machine does a tool change it often throws up 'ALARM - TOOL UNCLAMPED'

We have only been machining for 18 months - I have tried to learn the ins and outs of the machine over that time to varying degrees of success but I think I will need an engineer out for this one.
Now you need to get this problem solved quick.
Last thing you need is to drop a tool mid cycle in cut, that’s a serious crash!

Back