What's new
What's new

Heidenhain 3d comp tool table.

5 axis Fidia guy

Stainless
This is a serious long shot, and I mean long. Does anyone in the house on a Heidenhain 640, machine with the 3d cutter comp, using the TOOL TABLE that is automatically generated using the tool laser? (This is a purchased option)

Attachments

• 3d.png
    3d.png
    195.2 KB · Views: 27
Hello,

I am attempting to do the same as you. Have you gotten anywhere with this? I am posting with Siemens NX.

It‘s quite straight forward. You use the laser cycle in MDI to generate the file that is selected in the DR2TABLE column of the tool table. The control uses these DR2 values automatically if the program uses LN statements with at least the surface normal vectors. We typically also output the tool vector but I don‘t think this is necessary.

It‘s quite straight forward. You use the laser cycle in MDI to generate the file that is selected in the DR2TABLE column of the tool table. The control uses these DR2 values automatically if the program uses LN statements with at least the surface normal vectors. We typically also output the tool vector but I don‘t think this is necessary.
There is more to it than that, you need to send the laser info to a different tool table, one that uses the information along the contact normals of the exact measurement of the tool. I already do what your are suggesting, what he is after is a different animal and offsets the true tool rad in various areas that are checked.

There is more to it than that, you need to send the laser info to a different tool table, one that uses the information along the contact normals of the exact measurement of the tool. I already do what your are suggesting, what he is after is a different animal and offsets the true tool rad in various areas that are checked.
As I said, the cycle creates a table file which contain the offsets for certain contact angles. For the control to know which table to look for, the table with these offsets is selected in the column DR2TABLE of the tool table.
When using the DR2 value, the control assumes the tool to be perfectly spherical. By using the table instead of the value each contact angle uses a different DR2 value.

Back