What's new
What's new

Help identifying compressor pump

hilsat

Plastic
Picked this compressor up this morning and it needs some new parts. No marks other than casting marks and a tag that reads 320 and D227515. Any help identifying would be appreciated.

0126231430.jpg0126231430c.jpg0126231431.jpg

320 Kellogg Amreican is a very good compressor and parts are readily available.
With the correct motor size and drive pulley it will easly push 175 PSIG.
Worth rebuilding , absolutely. yours is American made.
Unfortunately all Kelloggs are now made in China.

320 Kellogg Amreican is a very good compressor and parts are readily available.
With the correct motor size and drive pulley it will easly push 175 PSIG.
Worth rebuilding , absolutely. yours is American made.
Unfortunately all Kelloggs are now made in China.
Ordered a tune up kit for the compressor today.

Another quick question. The motor I have for this compressor is 1715 rpm with a 7 inch pulley. The pulley on the compressor is 13.75 inch. That would make the compressor turn at 873 rpm. Do you by chance know the rpm required for this pump?

Ordered a tune up kit for the compressor today.

Another quick question. The motor I have for this compressor is 1715 rpm with a 7 inch pulley. The pulley on the compressor is 13.75 inch. That would make the compressor turn at 873 rpm. Do you by chance know the rpm required for this pump?
That pump is rated for a RPM range of 400-800. Not sure of your horse power, these generally used a 3 to 5 Hp depending on motor pulley size.

That pump is rated for a RPM range of 400-800. Not sure of your horse power, these generally used a 3 to 5 Hp depending on motor pulley size.
I have a large frame 5hp motor for it. I will have to pick up a smaller drive pulley for it. Would like to find a spec sheet for this compressor.

Thank you for your help. It is appreciated.

Why change pulley size? The 5 horse motor should be fine at 800 rpm on compressor. Did the old motor have more HP?
I have the same pump and it is driven by 3HP with a 5 1/2" pulley. It was old when I got it 25 yrs ago and it is just fine. Sometimes I wish it would pump faster, but not often do I need that much air.

Last edited:

Back